Default Role Subscriber when setting up a Quickstartpackage

Questions related to the configuration of Wordpress, themes, and security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:12 pm
Once again I stepped in the trap:

This time I installed the quickstart package of ShopandBuy. I wanted to set it up with the plugin Booking System Pro, which workes with woocommerce.
I had problems to set up the plugin, some features were not available. The reason, once again - but still unexpected:

Setting up the theme, the user role of the one, who is setting up the theme, is set by default to subscriber, and not - as supposed - to admin.
To correct this fact, you have to create a new admin, to log in as the new admin, and change the role of the person to admin, who set up the system...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:38 pm
Ill report that to our devteam right away.
I'll write back as soon as I get the answer.

GK User
Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:54 pm
Well, this problem is not showing up for the first time:
https://www.gavick.com/forums/m-social- ... 32510.html

Thanks for taking care
Tobias
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:01 pm
Ok, we will check why this happened and fix for quickstart will be provided soon, but meanwhile there is a simple fix to that.
Please go to your user list in wp-admin, then check your username, and from "Change role to" dropdown select admin - now click change.

It looks like somehow WP treats created user both as admin and subscriber.