Renaming wp-content

Questions related to the configuration of Wordpress, themes, and security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:01 pm
Hello!

After renaming folder wp-content to "assets" using security plugin iThemes Security (formerly Better WordPress Security"), none of the images that are displayed using Gavick Widgets (e.g. Image Show) are displaying. The page code still displays "wp-content" as the source folder.
So the question is: is your code ready for renaming wp-content or would I have to adjust all plugins, etc. myself?

Kind regards,
J.W.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:31 pm
Hello,

Image Show widget doesn't use /wp-content directory directly, so probably it's problem with media library. Please try this solution with wp-config.php file:
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/renaming-w ... nt-folder/

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:41 am
strange. because another image slider works perfectly. Images in other places also work after the security plugin renamed the wp-content folder.
The suggested fix has no results for my website.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:48 pm
Could you send me a PM with backend and FTP access to your website? then i'll be able to check it.

GK User
Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:11 pm
Just submitted a ticket regarding this same issue...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:00 pm
Reinstalled Quickstart package and new MySQL database (dropped tables).
I think WordPress isn't ready for this yet.
Most of the functionality worked after renaming wp-content, just the home slider had some issues.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:42 am
I've read about some issuess with iThemes Security, did you check this with the latest version of WP and the plugin? It's weird, because in the Image Show widget, there's no direct link to wp-content directory.