Windows Azure/Brandoo - WP Theme installation

Questions related to the configuration of Wordpress, themes, and security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:35 am
I just purchased the WP Theme package, I downloaded a theme - Simplicity - but when I upload it to my site it's nothing like the demo on your site. I then read that if it didn't look like that then load the Quickstart package.

My host provider is Microsoft Azure and I have the Brandoo WP installation as I need to use the Azure SQL database. Can you assist me in getting what I saw up and running?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:25 am
Sorry but we don't provide custom hosting support. Please ask your hosting company for help. Any hosting company should allow to install WP from installation package - and our quickstart is nothing more than standard WP installation package + additional database entries and settings + template.

GK User
Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:32 am
Hi,

Thanks for this, is it possible to change my option to Joomla instead then, they host that properly.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:12 pm
Please contact customer support directly:
https://www.gavick.com/supportdesk/

GK User
Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:29 pm
Hi,

I already did this and it said I wasn't a developer so I had to post on the forum??

Between my last message and this one though, I FTP'd the Quickstart package to my server, ran the instructions your site gave, got it up and running with a MySQL DB and loaded the site. Still the same, it's like it doesn't understand the CSS positioning (I'm no expert) or something like that, my screens are just in list format. Also, the graphics that are on your demo's don't appear, I thought that by loading the Quickstart this would give me what I saw when I purchased.

Not sure which response you can answer or point me in the right direction to get my answers?

Cheers,

Ken
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:31 pm
Hi @kenuk110.

You should choose "Billing and Account" or "Presale" department, not Technical support, Tech support via ticket system is only for members with developer license.

Regarding your issuess, you can't install Quicsktart package on existing Wordpress installation, Quicsktart is the latest version of Wordpress with our theme, content and configuration included.

So you should uniz quickstart package and upload direcotries wp-content, wp-themes, wp-admin and other files into your server e.g. www.modamain.com or www.mydomain.com/kenuk, then you should enter this url in your browser:
www.mydomain.com/kenuk,

and start installation (it's like normal WordPress installation)
full desciption can be found here:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... tallation/

If you can't install quickstart package, you have to follow this documentation:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/cat ... iguration/
Remember that you can import/export the theme settings using the import/export page.
Demo content is available here:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... wxr-files/

GK User
Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:35 pm
Hi,

I didn't install over the top of an existing WP installation, it was brand-new, just your Quickstart file copied directly in to the root of WWW on my server and did the process exactly how your document stated.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:46 pm
Could You please post an url to your site?

GK User
Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:50 pm
Hi, again,

I have installed twice now the Quickstart package and didn't get the same front page as shown on your site. I have since been through the options etc but it's still nothing like what I saw when I bought it.

My URL is: http://mrw.azurewebsites.net
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:23 am
Did you use clean database, or another table prefix during the installation? Because quickstart packages are tested many times and works without any problem. Did you notice any error during installation process?

For now your site looks like after installing only Theme files (on existing Wordpress installation), so widgets and configuration are not set.

GK User
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:26 am
Hi,

I used a completely new DB, the table prefix was left as it appeared in setup, I think it was wp_ or wp_ (something like that). Could that be the problem?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:40 am
And sorry, no, not one error during installation.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:43 am
Could you describe your installation process step by step from the moment you download qiuckstart?

GK User
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:51 am
Hi,

I have a blank website created on Windows Azure - this has nothing in the WWW directory. Only the URL works but nothing appears.

I setup a blank MySQL DB at the same time, this is hosted on ClearDB.

I use Transmit (my FTP client) to connect to the www directory of my site, I copy the contents of the Quickstart file to that directory. I'm using the Simplicity Quickstart file.

I then go to the website URL and add /wp-admin to the link. This then brings up the WP install process.

I fill in the details exactly as my DB should be and my site name, I leave the table prefix part as it is - wp_ (or something like that)

I then launch the site and the Theme appears as it is doing, not formatted etc.

I can repeat all of this again if you want me too or if there is anything else you want me to try or even give you access and you can see yourself?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:23 pm
OK it seems that it's a problem with database, Brandoo WordPress use MS SQL, not default MySQL, so our quickstart will not work.

Are you sure that you choose MySQL DB during the installation?

In this case I think you'll have to configure the theme manually, send me a PM with backend access and i'll help you with that.

GK User
Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:21 pm
Hi Piotr,

The PM's just stay in my outbox.....
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:00 pm
I answered you via PM, I need your backend access, without it i'm not able to help you.