New to this

Questions related to the configuration of Wordpress, themes, and security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:01 pm
Hello Everyone hope somebody can help!!

I have recently purchased a wordpress template and hosting through 123-reg, I have uploaded the data to the hosting platform. I then went to my web page and followed the instructions and can know get into the wordpress dashboard. I then uploaded the template from gavick but it has come with no demo data. When I click to view website its looking nothing like how the template did all images etc are missing. I was hoping this was going to be simple can anybody help?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:40 pm
You need to download quickstart package and install wordpress manually (which means not with use of hosting company 1 click WP install).
Here is a brief documentation on the process, but it might be a little different for your hosting comapany:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... tallation/

If you don't know where to put the files, or how to create the database - please ask your hosting company support for help.

GK User
Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:08 am
I know have this working and have the demo data up but I am unable to change the pictures on the site they let me upload but not change does anybody know why?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:41 pm
Could you confirm, that after uploading new image with use of WordPress media upload module - you can see it in Media Library?