Child theme stylesheet not loading

Questions related to the configuration of Wordpress, themes, and security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:17 pm
Hello,

I recently bought the M Social wodpress theme. I created a child theme as I always do (it's not the first time), and activated it and everything seemed ok. But when I tried to add any custom CSS I realized it didn't work. Looking through he code it seems to me that it isn't loading the child's theme CSS, but still loads the parent's.

With the child theme activated, if I go to editor through the WP Dashboard, I can see my custom CSS... so I am really lost on what may be happening. The site is melopienso.com/testingtwo

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:39 am
Hello,

First of all - in which file did you added your custom CSS code?
Administrator

GK User
Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:41 am
Hello!

I added it on the child's theme "style.css".
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:55 am
And it is a reason of your problem - our themes doesn't use the style.css file - the whole CSS code is placed in the css directory. The best way of adding custom CSS code in the child theme is enabling the override.css file in the advanced theme settings and then creating in the child theme file css/override.css :)
Administrator

GK User
Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:17 pm
Oh, from reading the documentation I thought that was an addition to having the normal child theme style.css. Anyway, I've tried that and still nothing. There's no trace of the override.css in the source code of the page displayed either, but I don't know if you load that any other way.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:19 pm
Did you enabled the override.css file in the advanced theme settings? Because defaultly it is disabled.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:30 pm
Oh God... I had touched so many things I thought I had it enabled from yesterday... but it turns out it wasn't.

Thanks a lot, and sorry for a so basic mistake.

Cheers!
Fresh Boarder