Updates on Wordpress not working

Questions related to the configuration of Wordpress, themes, and security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:55 am
I think this is a stupid error from my side but I just can't figure out why any updates I do on Wordpress is not working anymore. The last thing I did where I think the problem started was when I uploaded the override.css file (using a different computer - Mac this time) after so many times before. What do you think is the problem? Could it be the directory on the server has been altered by mistake? Help!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:28 am
Hi,

Generally, WordPress updates are not dependent on Theme files, so I don't think that it's a problem with the override.css file, but you can do a backup and remove this file and check again.

GK User
Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:45 am
I just checked again for any updates I just did and it seems it's all working on Wordpress. The only problem I see is that the background images are not present on the website except the main background of the website. I don't see thge grudge_wall.jpg, separator..... and the rest of the footer area background is all black. Should the url address be like this for example ('www.mywebsite.com/wp-content/themes/Fest/images/grudge_wall.jpg') in the override.css for the background images? Help!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:30 am
I fixed the problem. Thanks!
Expert Boarder