Help - GameNews Theme

Questions related to the configuration of Wordpress, themes, and security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:47 am
Hey there... I'm sorry I'm pretty new to all this so I don't understand how to do it, and if I can.. but is there any way for me to change the backgrounds of the GameNews theme? I've been working hard trying to bring it together and make it look nice.. but I'd like a fixed background and a different image... The theme allows you to switch between three, it would be super cool if I could change all three to something much better suited to my website...

Thank in advance! =]

And if I'm not able to change that.. how would one go about getting a refund? =[
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:55 am
Replacing images is quite easy.
1. Login via ftp to your hosting company
2. Navigate to:
wp-content/themes/GameNews/images/
3. Fin 3 fles:
bg1.jpg
bg2.jpg
bg3.jpg
4. Replace them with your own.

As it goes to second part of the question - would You like image to stay on screen while page scrolls (fixed image)?

GK User
Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:24 pm
Hey there I have been trying to replace the files this morning. I'm using HostGator if that makes any difference... I have been unable to get the background to change, however. I found the file in 3 locations and tried changing them one at a time, and back and then all at the same time, no change..

Also, yes i do want a fixed background that stays stationary while people visit the website..

Thank you so much for your help. I'm sorry that I'm not very good at this.

------------------------------------------------

public_html and www are where wordpress files are located in my file manager.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:41 am
Don't feel sad - we are here to help all, advanced and beginning users.
Please show me your site url, than Ill be able to help more to find exactly where files lies.