Quickstart installation - tutorial

Questions related to the configuration of Wordpress, themes, and security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.6.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 pm
Administrator

GK User
Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:06 am
I tried the instruction on the link provided but it did not work for me. http://127.0.0.1:8080/wp_qi shows nothing on it; therefore, I would not be able to complete the process of installation for quickstart. Help!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:15 am
mjamero wrote:I tried the instruction on the link provided but it did not work for me. http://127.0.0.1:8080/wp_qi shows nothing on it; therefore, I would not be able to complete the process of installation for quickstart. Help!

By the way, I have done the rest of the installation process with my hosting company. Does this mean I have to delete all the existing wp files so this will all work then...
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:30 pm
Hi,

The 127.0.0.1:8080 is an example address and it is connected with localhost, you are using hosting, so you should use your hosting address. If you have the preinstalled wordpress instance and you want to use quickstart, then you will have to remove the preinstalled one and install quickstart manually.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:44 pm
Hi, me too I tried the installation steps but it didnthem. ork I'm not that good I wish provide installation service . . I suggest you charge $50 for installing the WordPress and the them.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:12 pm
@malmossa - I you need this kind of services, then you can buy a developer membership which includes support like installation of the theme on your server.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:11 pm
But I have my own hosting service, so how can I get the installation service
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:46 am
I mean, that with the developer membership we can install the theme quickstart on your hosting - of course if you are creating a new website. If you have an existing content then our developers can configure the theme like a demo using your content.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:15 pm
A very nice installation tutorial....but now I need a tutorial on how to find and change the demo content that got installed. Is there one on Customizing Quickstart Demo Content? I really tried to find one. Help!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:33 am
Hi,

@logomo which theme are you using exactly?