Quickstart Issue

Questions related to the configuration of Wordpress, themes, and security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:36 am
When I upload the quickstart package for Creative, I end up with just a regular wordpress install with creative as just a theme.

Usually with premium themes there's an .xml file to import all the site customizations, including posts, images, and settings. As far as I can tell there isn't anything included in the theme to upload to the database to mimic the demo's settings.

Please help point me in the right direction. I've been counting the minutes until this theme was released for wordpress and I've been trying to get it to work all day.

Thank you in advance!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:52 am
Hi,

The Quickstart package is an independent Wordpress installation.

It should install the WordPress installation with the Creative theme and all demo content (posts, pages, widgets configuration etc.).

Do you have a demo content on your page after installing the Creative Quickstart?
Administrator

GK User
Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:55 pm
Nope.

I'm using WP-engine so wordpress is already installed for me automatically. However I did try by replacing all the files with the quickstart package and there's no demo content.

Is there a way to just upload the content separately like most other packages by importing it?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:03 pm
Nevermind. I got it to work. Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:08 pm
Good to know that now all is OK with your installation :) But for the future references I'll prepare tommorow a complete tutorial :)
Administrator