gk-grid can't handle anything other than 840

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Wordpress Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:54 pm
Hi Guys,

We're using GK Grid but when we change the default from 840 to 960 for tablet, we need to do this as the content is croping on iPads. The problem is that this...

turns to...

Expert Boarder

Joshua M
Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:42 am
Hi,

In the GK Grid widget, you should find
Tablet width and Mobile width options, you can se it to i.e. 10px and then responsive layout won't be loaded at all.

GK User
Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:04 pm
Hi Joshua,

I've tried that and it's not what I need, the site is responsive and I like the way the grid works, but there is a problem between 840 and 960 now that 960px has been set.

I've PM'd you the details to take a look, I think you'll get the issue when you resize your browser.

David
Expert Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:34 am
Hi,

I can see that it's a kind of conflict with your existing css, did you try to disable other plugins or check any default theme like Twenty Fifteen?

GK User
Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:22 pm
Thanks Joshua, your correct, I've set up an example here: http://www.newstastic.com/ and it doesn't have the same problem.

One issue that is does have, in chrome both have tiny lines between the borders, how do I get rid it this?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:53 pm
Jane Blonde wrote:...your correct...
I spoke too soon.

I've completed cloned the site and it's still a problem...

http://imro.rocks/test/1/music-users/

There are no other plugins active and it's 1216 theme.

Any ideas?
Expert Boarder

Joshua M
Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:32 am
So, it's a conflict with your 1216 theme css.
When I disable css styles from your theme, the grid works properly. I can't help you in this case. You have to find theme css fragment which causes the issue.

GK User
Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:06 am
Joshua M wrote:So, it's a conflict with your 1216 theme css..

It's not mine, it's the default wordpress theme, I've made no change to this.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:19 am
Hi Joshua,

When I disable the twentysixteen css file it doesn't fix the issue (see attachments). What file did you disable to fix the issue?

P.S. I disabled wp-content/themes/twentysixteen/style.css
Expert Boarder

Joshua M
Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:04 am
Hi,

Please try to disable wp-content/themes/yoo_katana_wp/styles/imro-one/css/theme.css
and wp-content/themes/yoo_katana_wp/styles/imro-one/css/custom.css
it doesn't look like the default twentysixteen WordPress theme.

GK User
Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:02 am
Joshua M wrote:Hi,

Please try to disable wp-content/themes/yoo_katana_wp/styles/imro-one/css/theme.css
and wp-content/themes/yoo_katana_wp/styles/imro-one/css/custom.css
it doesn't look like the default twentysixteen WordPress theme.

That's the full site, take a look at the demo set up for you:
http://imro.rocks/test/1/

You'll see the same issue with twentytwelve, this version has not been modified in any way.
Expert Boarder

Joshua M
Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:37 am
You are using our GK Grid plugin with other themes, but the Grid is only a container for other widgets, so the final result depends on the widgets within the grid. We've created Grid plugin for our Msocial and MusicState themes and it works properly with these themes. Please try to use text widgets or our News Show Pro widgets from Msocial or MusicState themes and should be fine.

Now I can see different code with "uk-grid" class and containers inside your text widgets.

GK User
Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:46 am
Joshua M wrote:You are using our GK Grid plugin with other themes...

Thant's because it's excellent, we use it with a few other themes.

Joshua M wrote:Now I can see different code with "uk-grid" class and containers inside your text widgets.

This is just styling for the grids, like background images etc.

Not to worry, I'll work it out.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:01 pm
UPDATE!

I've fixed the issue, it's with how the plugin caches, the only way I could resolve it was to uninstall and delete the plugin, reinstall and reconfigure it. Very time consuming but at least it now works.
Expert Boarder