Cloning widget rules

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Wordpress Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:21 pm
Dear all, I am having a small problem. I am using fest template with a multiple wordpress website (I mean a web site with multiple subwites). I need to use about 25 widget exactely the same for about 15 sub-websites. I have tried to use a plugin to import and export widget but it is not (of course) compatible with the widget rule added by the theme. Can anyone tell me how to do that? I can actually do also manually from the db. But those data are stored in some special option n JSON language and they are definitely not easy to spot and recognize. Any help?
Thanks a lot!!!
Gio
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:38 am
Our framework extends widget options beyond standard WP one, and this make any plugin available on market not to work.
From my point of view, there is no good way to create the export. Even with the database it might be difficult because WP stores json data in characteristic way that might prevent from importing when not done correctly.

GK User
Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:20 pm
Is there any way that you could please tell me in which file and where i can find the code to store the widget rules and which are they? So that I can modify the exporter plugin to store also this?
That would be a lot of time saver to me and i could of course release the upgraded plugin... if somebody could never need.
Cheers
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:46 am
Widget importer/exporter is as close as you can get with working plugin. The rest (widget rules) need to be set manually.
If you would like to create a custom import/export plugin - its up to you - but we don't provide support for this kind of programming. All the data are stored in database.