Gavern Google Analytics tracking support

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Wordpress Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:42 pm
Hi,

gavern analitycs support is useful, but it's very basic and would need more features to be useful..

I was using until now Google Analitycs for Wordpress plugin, I return due to one simple thing. I don't want editor and administrators be part of the statistics, and I found myself navigating the web and see my navigation reflected in analytics real time console.

Could be this feature improved in gavern framework? I think it's very useful to have integrated by default and could remove the plugin.

Thanks

Carlos
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:02 pm
I'm not quite sure what do you mean by "very basic".
Google analytics code is just few lines of java script code + ID generated by your account.
Whats more important - code used by our template is only added to frontend, so it is impossible to track you when you are inside backend.
The code is added into footer, so it will not slow down site load.
Any additional options are pointless.

GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:30 pm
Hi, Cyberek,

I don't think is pointless. By default, people administrating a website does not want to be part of the statistics since they want see only people navigating the website and not admin or editor navigation due to some maintenance or update in the web.

Maybe you should check this screenshots: http://wordpress.org/plugins/google-ana ... reenshots/

I doesn't asking for all that functionality (that's pointless), but only the basic one like remove admins from statistics.

I really does not think this proposal is pointless, but I could understand that gavern only give basic, and that could be the philosophy behind. I only try to propose a basic addition that could me people like me remove a full featured plugin to use gavern feature.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:53 pm
There might be a way to disable google analytics code for logged in users, but still as long as you are logged out it will not work fine.
I'll suggest that as a future feature.

Still - I would suggest to check if google allows to define users that it do not track.
I'm not quite sure how big service you use, but if there is not much users -it would be the most accurate method of eliminating admins/editors from analytics. I use same technique with my clicky.com analytics account and it works like a charm.

GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:56 pm
Also - all those advanced settings might be achieved with 3rd party plugin that should work fine if you disable build in template analytics.
Right now our analytics mechanism is designed to be as simple as it can be not to overwhelm beginning users.