Theme setup by widgets: backup issue

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Wordpress Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:47 pm
Hi!
While setting up News theme I found that setup through widgets may be frustrating.
For example: all my setup is gone when I disable the theme. This happens quite often when testing new stuff (if it works under 2013 theme).
Also, widgets area is used in everyday life for temporary stuff: banners, event boxes etc.
This stuff changes frequently. If a random GK New Show Pro widget is gone (eg somebody removed banner and News Show Pro by accident), then my layout is destoryed. I have to locate what is gone and how to restore it. This is quite a lot to do.

Up to now I found this: Widget Importer & Exporter by Steven Gliebe. It works. It should be delivered together with your themes imho.
Nice to have woud be a possibility to 'LOCK' widget - so it would not dissapear util you force unlock.

Greets !
Bartek
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:29 am
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, we'll take it into consideration, but I just have checked some of our themes (switched to default twenty eleven theme, then switch again to e.g. Storebox and it's ok, widget's settings and content are ok)