Possible with Gavick WP themes?

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Wordpress Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:38 am
Hi,

I'm busy developing some sites and preferred to use Gavick themes, but I wanted to create some effects and did not know whether it would be possible and which theme would be most suited.

1) A blog that shows articles in masonry layout. In your Joomla theme demos I see more blog options then in the Wordpress demos (1, 2, 3 columns etc.). I don't see masonry, but 3 columns comes close. You have any suggestion if and how to do it in your themes? (I add a picture to show what I mean)

2) A long widgetized homepage that I can build with 8 or more vertical sections. Now, I very much like the rich possibilities with widget sections in your themes, but I don't know if and with which theme I could create the effect I want. (the link to the page http://stafmans.nl)

I know this is maybe not a standard request, but if you have a suggestion, it would be much appreciated.

Regards, Sjef.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:45 am
Hi,

Unfortunately we have no themes with support for the masonry layout. In general this kind of themes needs different structure - that's why I cannot recommend any of our exiting themes for this kind of project. Of course you can implement the masonry support in any theme, but it will need big changes in the theme structure which are beyond our technical support :/
Administrator

GK User
Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:25 am
Hi Tomasz,

Coming back on the subject. You just released a new one-pager Joomla theme which I like and I know it'll be available for Wordpress soon.

Now I asked my questions above and you replied me about masonry, which I learned to implement myself by loading the masonry script.

But still I keep seeing the big difference between the joomla themes with standard blog layouts in 1, 2 and 3 columns and Wordpress with only the traditional 1 column blog. When do you bring this functionality from the joomla themes to the wordpress themes?

Regards, Sjef
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:10 am
Hi again,

I've added this feature for the Meet GavernWP v.1.8 roadmap: https://github.com/GavickPro/Meet-GavernWP/issues/231
Administrator