Connection between framework and themes

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Wordpress Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:32 pm
Last week I was trying the Magazine Theme and exchanged some experiences working with child theme's to customize things. I only then found out it worked different with GavickWP then with other WP themes I knew. I then learned that from v1.6 there would be full childtheme support. Now I'm thrying the Publisher theme and found the same remarks, but also just read the announcement for the v1.6 of MeetGavernWP.

Now I understand that the themes are really connected to the framework? I cannot work with a theme and upgrade just a new version of the framework? Are there plans to make updating them independent of eachother? I work with Catalyst, Headway, Genesis and there I believe framework upgrades are uncoupled from theme upgrades. I can imagine it can save you some work? By the way, I'm just interested, cause for me it's not really a problem. When you would have 90 themes as Woothemes however and mine is the last to be updated :?:

I will also make a test install with the MeetGavern theme, cause there are some child theme customisation tests waiting :)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:44 pm
PS Raises another question. I was thinking about proposing some functionality I would like GavernWP themes to have, based on working with premium themes and frameworks (I like frameworks). Can I and should I make a distinction there between typical things for a theme versus typical framework things?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:49 pm
Hi,

The support for the Child Themes will be available in our all themes probably in the next week.

Currently the framework isn't totally independent from the theme, but I don't exclude a possibility to totally separate the framework from themes in the future.

I think that the full Child Themes support will solve all problems with the theme overriding, so for the users it will be an important milestone, where their changes will be independent from the theme updates.

If you have any useful ideas, please share it - we are open for any ideas which will make our themes or framework better :)
Administrator