Problem Uploading Theme in Wordpress

Support forum dedicated to GavickPro free and premium WordPress themes.
GK User
Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:04 am
Hi,
I bought the wordpress themes and i have attempted several times to upload the themes in my wordpress dashboard. Everytime i try i get this error messages

Installing Theme from uploaded file: gk_news_quickstart.zip
Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
Theme install failed.

can you help out as i am new to wordpress and gavick themes
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:13 am
Hi,

You can't install the quickstart package on existing wordpress installation, the quickstart is a full WordPress installation that installs WordPress, the theme, plugins, widgets and demo content to match our demo.
Please check the following articles:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... rt-package
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... stallation

GK User
Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:02 pm
i have now tried uploading via FTP and i still encounter the same problem of Style sheet missing:

Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.
Name Description
gk_game_quickstart_WP_44 Stylesheet is missing.

kindly assist in this asap
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:52 am
Sorry, but I'm afraid that you don't understand.

You can't upload or install the quickstart package if you already have WordPress installed.
The quickstart is a WordPress + our theme, content, widgets, settings etc, please check the quickstart installation guide:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... stallation

If you can't install the quickstart, please use gk_game.zip package (this one may be installed on existing WordPress installation) instead of gk_game_quickstart.zip.

GK User
Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:58 pm
Hi i have uninstalled the Wordpress and uploaded the files via Filezilla, when i clicked on the link gk_news2_quickstart_WP_44/ which appeared after i visited the website, it showed the following error message:

500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:57 am
Please upload the content of gk_news2_quickstart_WP_44 directory into your root FTP account, otherwise your website will be visible on the domain.com/gk_news2_quickstart_WP_44/ URL.

If you'll still have problem with that, you can send me a private message with FTP access and I'll check the issue.

GK User
Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:18 am
I uploaded the wordpress files in an addon Domain directory but when i navigated to the file name on the website, it kept on giving error 500. i need to resolve this as quick as possible
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:47 pm
I have sent a PM but it had remain in my outbox, how do I make the message get to you
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:24 am
Hi,

I have just replied you via PM but message in my outbox.

I would really appreciate you kind attention to my message.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:59 pm
Hi,
The message will be in your outbox until I read it.

GK User
Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:44 am
Hi I have reuploaded the quickstart wordpress into the add-on website www.trade2point.com directory file in FTP, but whenever I clicked on the WordPress file it gives error 500. Kindly check through.
Junior Boarder