Auto menu generation in Meet GavernWP

Support forum dedicated to GavickPro free and premium WordPress themes.
GK User
Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:28 pm
Hi guys,

I've been told that WP defaults to auto-creation of menu items/sub-items based on page hierarchy, however there is a website I have developed which I'm running Meet GavernWP on, which does not do this. As an example - the client deleted a page the other day and the menu item was still there today.

Any idea why this functionality would not be in place? The site is running WP 4.3.1.

Thanks

James
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:31 am
Hi,

I've checked this feature in the MeetGavernWP theme and can't see any problem with that.
Did you enable "Automatically add new top-level pages to this menu" option from your Menu Settings (under your Menu items)?

GK User
Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:25 am
Hi,

Yes I did - I'm referring to the complete hierarchy though, as opposed to only top-level pages

Thanks

James
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:06 pm
but this feature works only for top level pages, it's even in the option name:
"Automatically add new top-level pages to this menu"

GK User
Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:16 pm
Hi,

Yes - I'm aware of the functionality you're describing.

thewebteam wrote:I'm referring to the complete hierarchy though

In other websites we have here, when an editor changes the parent of a page, its associated menu item also moves. This doesn't seem to be the case for Meet GavernWP?

Thanks

James
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:08 am
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) and please describe the situation how can I reproduce the issue.

Your other websites are also based on MeetGavernWP and this feature work?

GK User
Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:36 pm
Hi,

I will send a PM now

Thanks

James
Fresh Boarder