URL of site showing as www.maindomain.com/subdomain.com

Support forum dedicated to GavickPro free and premium WordPress themes.
GK User
Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:15 am
Hello, brand new to all of this - excited to learn!! : ) Installed Quark quickstart, but URL of site is showing as www.maindomain.com/subdomain.com - I only want www.subdomain.com to show.

Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling?

Thanks!!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:57 am
OK, found WP and Site address options under General Settings in WP (whoops), but when I go to Home from MENU I am still taken to www.maindomain.com/subdomain.com, instead of subdomain.com (which was placed in WP and Site address options under General Settings in WP). However, if I go to any other page from MENU, I get the desired result (www.subdomain.com).
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:10 am
One more update..

Error Page and Under Construction (from MENU) are also taking me to www.maindomain.com/subdomain.com, instead of www.subdomain.com - all other pages are taking me to www.subdomain.com

I also noticed that the WP 'bar' that shows above site when logged into admin is missing when going to Home, Error Page or Under Construction, but on the rest of the links it is there.

Any help, greatly appreciated!! :)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:34 am
Figured it all out!! Any noobs that don't want to bother the vets, feel free to msg me - pretty easy.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:35 am
Hi,

Did you install the quicsktart in your root directory? ( http://www.maindomain.com ).
If you can, please share the solution in this thread.

GK User
Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:59 am
Hi Piotr, sure, np. Also, just wanted to say, this has been a blast!! Haha.. I really like how Gavick has built out these themes - great stuff, really. As for my problem, I did not install it on the main directory, but in the sub. However, I am used to building a theme in Artisteer and exporting, as well as using (I think) Fantastico through CPanel / AMP to install. Following the directions to install Quark WP Quickstart by uploading through my FTP, I thought the problem might be there, but then I realized that all I had to do was change the info under Appearance / Menu Structure and Settings / General in WP. I'm still learning as I go. ;)
Junior Boarder