Browser Compatible & Cross Platform issues

Support forum dedicated to GavickPro free and premium WordPress themes.
GK User
Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:00 pm
Hi, I purchased this theme http://www.gavick.com/demo/wordpress/startup/ . Is the theme is browser compatible and cross platform. Does it support IE8 and above? When I checked it worked fine in IE11 but some errors in IE8, IE 9 and IE10 related to transitions.

I have checked in IOS 7.0.1 & android 2.3.6+ . It worked fine in Ipad with this IOS but the browser crashes and shut downs when viewed in iphone or ipod with same IOS. There are again issues related to transitions and animation in android phones.

Any suggestions or fixes would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:42 pm
Hi,

Startup theme should works properly on IE9 and above versions, of course IE supports css transitions from version 10, so on IE9 everything works but sometimes without all animations.

I just checked Iphone with IOS 7.03 and everything seems to be ok. the same on android, could you give me exact version of browser, OS and device where the problem occurs?

GK User
Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:21 am
Same problem here.
The WP the startup theme starts loading, but then the browser suddenly crashes (black screen).
I am using:
- iPhone 4,
- iOS 7.0.6 (11B651)
- either Google Chrome 33.0.1750.15 or Safari

I have been reported that this web also crashes in an iPhone 5s too (I can not provide detailed iOS version though)

It seems that this problem has already been solved, but the patch file was removed:
https://www.gavick.com/forums/181/mobil ... 30094.html

Any idea?
Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:25 am
Hi,

Which version of the theme do you have? Because this fix should be included in the last version.

GK User
Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:24 am
Hi,

I am using 1.2, but I have downloaded the last one and changed the files (as pointed in another thread):
Startup/css/extensions.css
Startup/css/template.css
Startup/js/gk.scripts.js
However, both Chrome and Safari still crashes.

I have detected that the problem appears when I use data-animation="flip". So, as a workaround, I have removed this animation and the browser works fine.

It made me think that perhaps updating "stuff.css", then the "flip-animation" problem would disappear, but it is not the case, it still crashes.
Indeed, my iPhone crashes even with the current live-demo in Gavick.com.

Any other suggestion for having the "flip-animation" in iPhone?
Thanks!
Fresh Boarder