Godaddy Wordpress Installing QuickStart Files

Support forum dedicated to GavickPro free and premium WordPress themes.
GK User
Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:45 am
I see there is an Installation Guide for Wordpress based QuickStart files http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... tallation/ But it does not make sense to me. I use GoDaddy and usually go to HOSTING, Hosted Domains to select a domain and point it to a to a Folder I create in my Webspace. Then I install Wordpress in to that Folder and everything works properly. All then I have to do is choose a Theme for the website that is functioning.

But with GavickPro the smallest file as a Theme does not contain much useful as there are no widgets etc. When seeking to upload the QuickStart zip file there is a CSS error. So I see in the documentation that I am meant to File Transfer (FTP) the unziped Folder to the webspace. So am I doing this to the already uploaded Wordpress folder I installed on GoDaddy?

If not then how would I find out the peculiar domain substitute name in the example that looks like 127.0.0.1.8080 ? Can I point a domain to the folder and access the folder via that domain name?

Then can the Database name be anything I imagine or does it have to be the same as a Database in GoDaddy and if so then how do I create a DataBase in GoDaddy just for this website? I see a suggestion that multiple Wordpress sites can run off of one database. So can I somehow connect this new website to one of the already installed Wordpress sites I have in my webspace?

Do I then enter the UserName and Password for my whole Godaddy webspace? Isn't this risky as it can undermine all my other websites?

Anyone know if "localhost" is the name I should use on GoDaddy?

Regards,

Dean
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:23 pm
Ok so now I see the uploaded QuickStart files do in include WordPress files so this probably means I do not need to also upload Wordpress via Go Daddy. However when I go to the domain name pointed to this folder or to follow the server address it does not open. eg 127.0.0.1.8080/byfordbikestore

Any ideas anyone?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:38 am
Hi,

The quickstart package is a wordpress instacne (3.8) with our theme, content and configuration included, so you can't intall it on existing WP installation.

You should just send quickstart cotent (unzip first) and upload directories: wp-content, wp-inlcudes, wp-admin and rest of files to your domain via FTP. e.g. to directory http://www.yourdomain.com/byfordbikestore (if you don't know where, you should ask your server provider),

then you should go to a browser with url http://www.yourdomain.com/byfordbikestore and start a standard wordpress installation. If you don't want to create another database, you can use existing but remember to use ANOTHER TABLE PREFIX! - it's important, use e..g _web_byfordbikestore etc.

127.0.0.1.8080/byfordbikestore this URL is only and example, it's properly when you are installing a quickstart on your localhost.