Please confirm if this module is dead?

Free Joomla social activities module which can display data from Twitter, Facebook and Google+ in various layouts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:19 pm
I killed myself trying to make it work but no luck. Then I found another topic saying this module is no longer working. Is the development of this module dead? Can you confirm that please?

Thanks,
Gorast
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:42 pm
Hi

It's not dead, but recent changes to Tweeter and Facebook API made it in desperate need to be rebuild, unfortunately we do not have time for it now, also the changes to API are not over yet, so it's a little pointless to build module from scratch only to find out that the next day it's unusable. Try using a different module for now.

GK User
Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:55 pm
Good point :D

Thanks,
Gorast
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:26 pm
Hi

Sorry I cannot help more. Will leave this thread open in case there will be some changes in this topic soon.

GK User
Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:14 pm
i'd like to add facebook and twitter feeds on my site....but wonder if this social module still works or is rebuild since last post....
Maybe a tip for a nice alternative module...

Regards,
Pas
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:20 pm
Its best to get the code from Facebook and Twitter and just put it in a Custom HTML module.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:23 pm
Hi

Personally I prefer to use a code from social sites directly. You can generate it in developer part of the it, but here You can find some modules available https://extensions.joomla.org/category/ ... l-display/

GK User
Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:50 pm
Thanks Teitbite, guess your right, but it would be nice to grab the social feeds as an article and display with with News Show Pro GK5 !
Regards,
Pas
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:17 pm
Hi

Sure it would be nice :) but I believe for that You will find a separate extension without a problem. https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... rfilters=1

GK User
Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:58 pm
Thanks Teitbite,
But most of these are displaying feed not grabbing content to joomla. Will check this.

Regards,
Pas
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:45 pm
Hi

Och. I think joomla has that itself. Sorry, I just realised what was Your intention from the beginning. In joomla panel go to Components >> News Feed. There You can add a source which cam be converted to joomla articles, so than You will be able to show them using NSP.

GK User
Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:41 am
Would like to know if anyone used this for facebook feed, and how this can be done.
In facebook can't see a feed link to collect this nicely...

Regards,
Pas
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:31 am
Hi

@pas_1 please use a different module. This one haven't been updated for a while and may not work ok with newest facebook API.

GK User
Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:09 pm
I mean the way you discribed in last post;
Don't know if/how this works with facebook feeds??

Och. I think joomla has that itself. Sorry, I just realised what was Your intention from the beginning. In joomla panel go to Components >> News Feed. There You can add a source which cam be converted to joomla articles, so than You will be able to show them using NSP.

Regards,
Pas
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:51 pm
Hi

I'll try to explain. I do not think any module works with facebook feed. Facebook has their own applications sets with applications for every occasion, but all of them are within Facebook. This means that whatever You will want to show from Facebook page it will be separated and not integrated with joomla site.

Our module was simply using this apps created by facebook. In the matter of fact here is a page where You can generate a code for the app we were using, so You can see how it works and use it in case it's what You were looking for: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/pl ... age-plugin

GK User
Fri May 19, 2017 9:48 am
Hi Teitbite,
Been searching the fb site but can't find a clear explanation (step-by-step) how to use this with joomla.
Before I used the rss feed to grab the fb articles and load these as news articles in joomla.
This way it generated regular 'content' to the website. Lots of people prefer posting quick messages on fb, instead of logging in to add an article to there sites ;)
But maybe this is why Publii could be real nice.

Regards,
Pascal
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 22, 2017 11:52 am
Hi

I do not either I'm afraid. Maybe there is a way to do it, but all I know about feed from facebook is that a plugin to do so can be generated in https://developers.facebook.com/docs/pl ... age-plugin This will give You a code which You can add to the code of joomla site by overwritting template files or add it directly to module position with Custom HTML module.

GK User
Mon May 22, 2017 2:12 pm
Thanks,
Will check this at fb.

Regards,
Pascal
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat May 27, 2017 10:06 am
Hi

This will only use a part of facebook site in an iframe, but that's the only way I know to show feeds. I think facebook is blocking an attempt to get articles directly.