GK Sozial Facebook functions don't work without mootools

Free Joomla social activities module which can display data from Twitter, Facebook and Google+ in various layouts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:58 pm
The same problem like the Tab Module. Without Mootools there is no function in GK Social module. That Problem contains only the facebook content. Please check this.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:19 am
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

GK User
Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:21 pm
Admin access is current not possible, sorry for that. But you can test it with every gavick page (jommla 3.0) using GK Social (facebook). Simply disable mootools in the template setting for the corresponding entry. I tested it with 3 different installations and the problem contains all templates.

I'm actually really happy with Gavick, but this is already the second time that a module does not work without Moottools (look for my tab thread). And right now, where everything is switched to jQuery , it's even more important that everything is thoroughly tested in jQuery.

Please do not take it amiss.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:18 pm
Hi

Ok. I've checked and looks like You're right. Unfortunately I cannot help much here. This module was implemented a long time ago when mootools was a primary joomla library. To use it with jQuery will require to implement it from scratch and I do not see a free day in programmers schedule, so this will have to stay like that for some time. Sorry.