Lost Facebook Facepile

Free Joomla social activities module which can display data from Twitter, Facebook and Google+ in various layouts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:49 am
I am using News 2 template for Joomla 3.x

The template has sample data and i am removing the sample data to make it my own.

When I tried to replace Facebook.com/Gavickpro with my own Facebook page, in the "Find Us on Facebook" module in the Facebook Settings section, the Gavickpro Facebook facepile disappeared but a facepile from my Facebook page, Facebook.com/WhatIsThe411, did not appear.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Ruth
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:23 am
Hi

Which module you have in mind? Show me your site.

GK User
Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:23 am
It is the "Find Us on Facebook" module. You can see it on the homepage of http://newdev411.cloudaccess.net/.

You will see it is the Gavick Pro Facebook facepile. When I changed the Facebook name from Gavick to my Facebook page name in the Find Us on Facebook module, the Facepile went away.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:35 am
Hi

I can still see Gavick facepile there. Please send me an access to joomla panel and url to fanpage.

GK User
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:04 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

I can still see Gavick facepile there. Please send me an access to joomla panel and url to fanpage.

I could send you that info via PM.

However, I rather you first tell me and let me try to make the change and in this way, I will know how to do it for next time.

Also, it would be helpful for anyone else following this stream.

If I try with your instructions and it doesn't work, then I'll send the info you need.

Thanks,

Ruth
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:34 pm
Hi

Acctually there is not much to try. Module is constructed the way that the result is first being taken from cache. So the fix should be to clear it. If this will not work than I will try couple of things myself as well. But if You do not want to share the access, than I can propose a workaround to simply use some Custom Code module (as for example K2 Tools) and copy a code generated on facebook developers page there: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/facepile