In-tweet Links are broken

Free Joomla social activities module which can display data from Twitter, Facebook and Google+ in various layouts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:47 pm
This may be something from the twitter API and not this mod, but all of the links in our tweets are being converted to shortened "t.co" URLs -- however, all of these shortened links are broken. They are having periods or ellipses added to the end of the href attribute, which is breaking the links.

Also, it is possible to force these links to open in a new window? I've made an html override of the module, but it doesn't allow for manipulation of the content within the tweet.

Thanks,
Greg
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:56 pm
I seem to have discovered WHY this happening, but not how to fix it. It looks like if a tweet is written with a link followed by a period at the end of the tweet, that period is getting incorrectly appended to the module's shortened t.co URL back to Twitter, which breaks the URL.

(This exact same problem is happening on the same site if I use Yootheme's Widgetkit Twitter module; I found a thread on a Wordpress forum where one of their widget's had the same URL parsing bug: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/twit ... m-to-break)
Fresh Boarder