GRID GK5

Free Joomla social activities module which can display data from Twitter, Facebook and Google+ in various layouts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri May 16, 2014 5:30 am
Hi i am using M Social quick start with GRID GK5, i try lot to use it but I a fail to do so I don’t get where to place pictures or text to show in different grids. Please help me in this…
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri May 16, 2014 9:02 am

GK User
Wed May 28, 2014 12:59 am
i all ready check that link dose not help me...pleas tell me that where i can place the pictures and text in the demo from the quick star....
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 28, 2014 4:00 pm
I am not able to tell you that in different way than in documentation. You have custom positions where you publish modules - either custom html or other, then in grid module you select that "position" to load module published to it.
Please download quickstart, install it somewhere and check how it is configured.

GK User
Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:14 am
I have the same problem is this person. I didn't use quick start because it was too heavy for my purposes. I uploaded the GRID GK5 module and fail to see how it works. Please do not link me to the documentation as that is NOT helpful at all. I just paid for a new licence to Gavickpro but are frustrated beyond belief how difficult it is to get this template to work how I want it. The grid was the main reason for purchasing it in the first place plus how it supposedly integrates with jomsocial. I can't even see how to post on this forum!!!! Hence why I am contacting you directly. I am thinking of moving to a new template. Our live site is https://www.schoolclasslist.com and our dev site is http://www.schoolclasslist.co.uk/dev
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:47 am
As I have said - if you can't start with quickstart, then download it, install it somewhere locally or anywhere else and go throught module configuration reading documentation at the same time. If a documentation written by a person whose main job is to write readable documentation won't help, I won't be able to help either as it would require to rewrite entire module documentation here, and yet it could be still not understandable for you.

GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:02 am
Hi
First, thank you for a great template (RockWall)!
Sadly i don't either fully understand the Grid GK5 documentation. I understand how to make those grids and so on, but what's confusing me is that the grids in your demo seems to link to an full article, with comments and so on.

1. Do we have to write content both in a custom module and in an article, and than link the module content to the article to make it look like your demo?
2. Some of the images have titles over the image and some below it. What is the secret behind?

The documentation does not mension anything of this, so i hope you can help me with this simple questions. I do not have the possibility to install the quickstart on my server or locally. I did try twice, but the Joomla install failed, it stopped already on the first step, and i readed that's a quite common behavior with Joomla 3 (some server configurations i think). Very strange that Joomla can't solve that problem. So i have to install it from my hosts c-panel and update to Joomla 3.

Friendly Regards, Charlie
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:15 pm
In a module position created by Grid you can publish NSP module with selected layout displaying one article (for example newest from selected category) - that is basically all the magic :).

GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:24 pm
I can use Grid5 with no problems........
But here I think is one thing that drives folks crazy.. (well me anyway) is this:
If I use the Msocial Quickstart - I get a grid that is 6 modules wide. That is great, because there are many ways to make a grid that completely refolds into to many mobile configurations. :)
BUT
If I install Grid5 into a plain vanilla Joomla, add Msocial or Rockwall template..... my Grid5 is 5 wide. :?
I cannot see any way to change this. FIVE wide is very inflexible and you always seem to get an odd block over UNLESS you use 20 block spaces.
So, how does the quickstart get 6 across and me only 5 on the same template width and same template?
'Read the documentation' will not work here. It have read it. :cry:
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:39 pm
Maybe it should be called 'Grid GK5 - Extra joomla module positions in a responsive, re-foldable box'. I think folks might get it then. :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:46 pm
Solved my issue. There were 6 across :D - the Hathor Template neatly clipped off the last column. :(
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:09 pm
If you put a module in that has an internal width of 100%. It blows the template. Guys you could do better. If I give it a width of like 300px its happy, if clipped.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:33 am
Sorry, but we can't predict all possible template variations and if a template is purly designed it just might not work. If our module works fine with default Joomla templates we except other templates to follow same principles.

GK User
Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:06 pm
I cannot upload the gk_msocial.zip
into our Joomla! 2.5.22 Version. Why?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:07 pm
Your question has nothing to do with this thread topic. Please create your own thread.

GK User
Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:31 am
I cannot find the buttom where to open a new threat. Can you please explain?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:44 am
"Post a new topic" - its available in each subforum. You need to ask question in mSocial template subforum.

GK User
Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:47 pm
Hi. I have installed the module Grid GK5 in my template, works well with the margins greater than 0px, but if imposed the margin to 0px, I get a border between cells. if I use negative margin, the border does not disappear. I read in the forum, the discussion at this link https://www.gavick.com/forums/m-social/ ... -gk5-28992 that you can solve by adding the code to override, but does not work.
How can I clear the board? I need the cells stuck together.
My demo site: http://www.k2-net.it/demo/novalia/index.php
If you need an administrator login I can create you one.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:08 pm
I understand that it is caused by the size of the image. less than 160px generates the edges. Thanks and I apologize
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:33 pm
@maxperlo so the issue is solved in your case?