Social GK5 Twitter feed not showing

Free Joomla social activities module which can display data from Twitter, Facebook and Google+ in various layouts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:01 am
Hello,

I use Social GK5 to show my tweets.
I configured the module accordingly the documentation, to no avail. :-(
I re-generated the keys, copy and paste them again, tried for Query: @JoomlaWebDesgn JoomlaWebDesgn and from:JoomlaWebDesgn
Nothing works :-(
I just want to show my tweets.

It only shows a retweet I did a couple of days ago.
What am I doin' wrong here?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:13 pm
Hi

Can you please show me your site and send me an access to joomla panel?

GK User
Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:05 pm
Hi teitbite,

I send you an e-mail with my website and acces to my site.

Thank you for any help you can provide in this situation.

Marcel
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:03 am
Hi

I'm sorry, but I do not see a mail from You or it had no address of this thread. Can You please use forum PM and send it one more time ?

teitbite
Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:32 pm
Hi

I've got the access now. But I cannot find a reason of wrong behaviour. I think it must be because of App settings, becuase even if I change the query I get the same results.

I'll ask programmers for help here.

GK User
Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:42 pm
Hello Teitbite,

Great that you got access.
It was driving me nuts of not showing Social GK5 my Twitter feed.

Hopefully 'we' get it to work :-)

Thanks so far

Marcel
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:08 am
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:41 am
Hi bkrztuk,

I am aware of the Search Results, I've read the Gavick forum thoroughly before posting my question. I configured the Social GK5 as a 'profile twitter widget' and thought it would show me my tweets.
I use as a Query from:JoomlaWebDesgn which is my own twitter account.

At the moment, because the website went live a few days ago, I use 'SP Tweet' from JoomShaper.
It shows my tweets like I expected it would. When I create a new tweet, it shows up on my website.

So what your saying is that it is not possible with Social GK5 to show my own Twitter feed, even if I configure it as an Twitter Profile Widget? The Profile Widget is also based on Search?
Because in this topic https://www.gavick.com/forums/social/my-tweet-not-showing-only-gavicks-21515.html I got the assumption that I should use 'Twitter Profile Widget' configuration.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:39 am
Twitter profile widget is a twitter profile widget, the tweets mode is a query to twitter search because there is no other way to display tweets related for example with @gavickpro. If the twitter search don't returns full list of your tweets in link on my latest response you have explained this issue.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:22 pm
Hello bkrztuk,

I am sorry for don't understanding what you're saying. :-(

So Social GK5 is not able to show my tweets (like other components will do, like SP Tweet from JoomaShaper or WidgetKit from Yootheme) unless my tweets are visible in the search results on Twitter?
I find that odd, because the other mentioned components do show my Tweets, even if they not show up in the search results.
Why else would I configure the Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, User Token and User Secret. It just doesn't make sense to me, I am sorry for not understanding that.

I'm just thinking there is something 'wrong' with Social GK5. I am not trying to offend you.

So I tested something else, the Google+ configuration from Social GK 5.
I made a public post on my Google+ page about 30 minutes ago.

Then I configured an module with my Google+ ID (The 21-digit string).
Guess what?
Nothing shows up. There is nothing to see :-(
It does show the Google+ icon (and a name I typed in at Customize a Name), but that's it.

So I went even further this time.
I installed the downloaded 'Demo package' from the Creativity Template I bought, on an test environment (it's the same internet server), installed Social GK5, and configured an Module using Social GK5 with Google+ and my Google+ ID (21-digit string).
And again, nothing shows up :-( Just the Customized name and the Google+ Badge.
I followed each step from the Documentation, over and over again, but it is just not working.
I only installed: Demo Package Creativity, Social GK5 and that's it. Nothing more.

I don't know what is wrong, or what I am doin' wrong here, but as I mentioned earlier, when I configure a Module for twitter with other vendor components, it's working right out of the box.

Sorry for keep 'nagging' about this, but frankly I just want to use the Social GK5 plugin :-)

Greetinx

Marcel
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:49 am
Why else would I configure the Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, User Token and User Secret. It just doesn't make sense to me, I am sorry for not understanding that.

The keys are required by Twitter since their API changes so this is anything related with our extension.

Please give me your site URL because maybe there is some conflict in JS scripts.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:36 pm
Hi bkrztuk,

I send you an PM with all the details. :-)

Thanks for any help you can provide in this situation.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:58 am
As you can read in my response - we need to update Social GK5 module due to changes in Google+ badges and icons code.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:07 am
I read it, thank you. Responded to it to :-)
Thanks for investigating this matter.

Marcel
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:17 pm
In result of our conversation we need to update Social GK5 module due to G+ changes :) Update should be ready in next month.
Platinum Boarder