Facebook Like Box empty

Free Joomla social activities module which can display data from Twitter, Facebook and Google+ in various layouts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:41 pm
So, I'm baffled as to why this won't work...

Downloaded and installed the Social GK5 module and installed it.
Logged into FB and created the app and obtained the App Id.
Placed App Id and domain (www.facebook.com/xxxxxxxxx) in facebook settings area
Placed an instance of it in the sidebar of the site, and the title shows, but no content.

Any ideas?
http://onemorereppt.com/New_2013_Site/i ... Itemid=350

Thanks,

Joe
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:00 pm
Hi,
it looks that it have problem with your facebook address

http://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox ... Fxxxx.xxxx (xxx - I saw it in source code)

Please check it, because when I check it is doesn't worked also

or change method of displaying.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:30 pm
Thanks! Not too sure what is wrong with that FB account that it won't display, but when I try a different one, it seems to work fine. Thanks!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:21 pm
Not too sure what is wrong with that FB account that it won't display, but when I try a different one, it seems to work fine.

I saw it before few times, I think it's Facebook bug - they block some fanpages or it can be also associated with Fanpage settings. Stupid thing.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:08 am
I am facing the same issue. After entering all app id & page url, likebox won't work. It's not displaying the proper page. It displays facebook.com page for some reason.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:08 am
Fixed! My problem was that the URL or user ID had upper case characters. It required all lower case. I think it should be pointed out in the documentation, unless it's a bug.

Thank you.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:57 pm
Thanks, I will ... but I always thought that people use copy & paste to insert this data.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:02 pm
Well, that's what I did. However, Facebook username was created with capital letters. Another critical point is that if there are Age and/or Country restrictions set, chances are It won't show up either.

Thanks.
Gold Boarder