How configured for facebook social GK5

Free Joomla social activities module which can display data from Twitter, Facebook and Google+ in various layouts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:41 am
I'm trying to configure the extension to work with my Facebook page but I can not make it work, and should I?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:00 am
I like this.

Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 am
Hi

I believe it's just a matter of configuration. Please send me an access to Your site and the link to Your facebook page and API id.

GK User
Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:08 pm
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 pm
I want to change the display were is written recents activities for follow me on facebook.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:09 pm
Hi

Ok. I've understood that it's not working at all, but I see it's a different problem that I was thinking about. Please try selecting a different app. What You need is a like box. Like here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/ref ... /like-box/

GK User
Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:36 pm
Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:48 pm
I am trying to setup this as like box but the width is not the right one on the left column...i need some more space...what do you suggest me to do?

url: http://www.intercoast.gr/demo3/

if i change position to user6 etc it does not have same problem but i want the box to be higher and next to main content...preferably on the left side...

thank you in advance!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:00 pm
mikekouk wrote:I am trying to setup this as like box but the width is not the right one on the left column...i need some more space...what do you suggest me to do?

url: http://www.intercoast.gr/demo3/

if i change position to user6 etc it does not have same problem but i want the box to be higher and next to main content...preferably on the left side...

thank you in advance!

I found that I can change the template layout settings and increase the % of the left column from 25% to 34% which gives some solution to it but i'd like some alternative suggestions if available.

problem with that change is that i need to modify the slideshow in the middle of the page as it is now squeezed....

in addition, why it shows the stream/feed when i select it to be only a like box?

thx in advance!

Mike
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:40 pm
Hi

You can try mainpulate with a width by using this css code:

Code: Select all
.fb_iframe_widget,
.fb_iframe_widget > span,
.fb_iframe_widget > span > iframe {
width: 200px !important;
}

GK User
Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:51 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

You can try mainpulate with a width by using this css code:

Code: Select all
.fb_iframe_widget,
.fb_iframe_widget > span,
.fb_iframe_widget > span > iframe {
width: 200px !important;
}

thank you for the reply..where should i place the code?

what about the other issue?

"in addition, why it shows the stream/feed when i select it to be only a like box? "

thx in advance!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:18 pm
Hi

Please add it to override.css file, but remember to allow using of override in template settings.

About second issue please send me an access to joomla panel so I'll check settings.

teitbite
Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:57 pm
Hi

The module settings was broken by Advanced Module Manager. When I disabled it module was saved properly and looks as You wanted it now.

GK User
Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:55 pm
Thank you for your excellent support!!! it works fine!

The module settings was broken by Advanced Module Manager. When I disabled it module was saved properly and looks as You wanted it now.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:04 pm

in some occassions i see the same person twice in the like box...any ideas?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:45 pm
Hi

Sorry, but we are not using any code responsible for that. This module is simply switching between the code You can find on facebook dev page. I think You should ask them about this issue.

GK User
Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:26 pm
Hi, All -

We are having the same issues as the OP, just can't seem to get the Facebook settings working correctly for an Activity Feed (we have this module working well for Twitter, so this is highly likely something wrong we are doing on our end within our settings, just not sure what it is?).

Our efforts are towards showing our FB Fanpage Activity in the Module, but we only get a "No recent activity to display" message; we do have daily activity on the Page, and our settings have been in place for almost 48 hours so it shouldn't be anything server-side waiting to be updated.

Module FB Settings:
SocialGK5_Facebook.PNG

*AccountID purposefully blanked out ;)

Facebook FanPage URL: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ConsultE ... 4808594689

Module Results:
SocialGK5_Facebook_Module.PNG

:arrow: Not meaning to sweeten the pot unnecessarily, but we intend on publishing an article on our use of the Social GK5 as our new "go-to" Social Media module (we purposefully uninstalled our old modules from another vendor to use Gk5 globally as our old ones don't work with the new Twitter API), but obviously need to get it/show it working on our site before we brag about it publicly :ugeek:

:arrow: Realizing the params can change often and the difficulties related to 3rd Party Apps, but it may prove beneficial to publish a "how-to" guide for the Facebook Settings like that done for the newer Twitter API settings for this Module (reference: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... k5-module/); this was extremely helpful in not only setting up things correctly but also helps to eliminate where errors are occurring if and when they do as related to the App's settings.

Any help/advice is much appreciated; this module is already the best we've used in many years of Joomla! sites.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:38 pm
Not meaning to double post, but here are our Facebook App settings (App info redacted):

SocialGK5_Facebook_App.png
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:43 pm
Hi

Can I please ask for the access to joomla panel ?

teitbite
Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:01 pm
Hi

I got Your mail about sharing Your access and I'll try to help without it. I was going to try couple of settings to be sure the module is not in a conflict with other facebook extension. So please as a first step disable all facebook extensions. Please make sure the API is correct. Try configuring facebook app with and without www in a domain. Also with and without http/https and so on.