Only Facebook not shows for article

Free Joomla social activities module which can display data from Twitter, Facebook and Google+ in various layouts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:43 pm
Only Facebook not shows for article. Not show for like button and send button. Yes I did configure APP ID. How is it?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:23 pm
Hi

Sorry, I do not understand. Can You please show me an example of Your problem on live site ?

GK User
Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:30 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

Sorry, I do not understand. Can You please show me an example of Your problem on live site ?

Hi,
Bottom of article not shows facebook send button, it shows twitter and Google+1. How?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:54 pm
Hi

Ok. First of all please update template to the latest version, than please show me a page where this problem is visible.

GK User
Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:18 pm
Template is World News II for Joomla 3 and I did attach file here. See it.

01-02-2013 23-14-36.jpg
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:43 pm
Hi

What I meant is that I need to see Your live site to check it with firebug and look into the code. Please provide me an exact link to the example of this problem. Pleas also tell me the version number of a template.

GK User
Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:07 pm
I sent you PM for link.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:18 pm
Hi

I canot open Your site. I have "Connection timed out", maybe it's why facebook is not working.

GK User
Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:24 pm
No, my website works well. Please check it again.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:07 pm
Hi

Still the same. It can be a distance to server or some IP block. Anyway I cannot see the page.

GK User
Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:42 pm
My website is ok. It is very strange. Please open a browser Internet Explore (not for fire fox). Check it again.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:07 pm
Hi

Ok. Must have been a temporary issue, now site works fine. I can see that there is no code for facebook like at all. It's not what I think some kind of error. But to avoid that please check on facebook developers page a correct code for button and than edit file /html/com_content/article/default.php and put this code there instead. This is the code You should replace:

Code: Select all
          <gavern:social><fb:like href="<?php echo $cur_url; ?>" GK_FB_LIKE_SETTINGS></fb:like></gavern:social>

I think it would be the fastest option.

GK User
Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:05 pm
Ok, but I need also "facebook send" and waht is code of facebook send?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:13 pm
I cannot find a folder /html/com_content/article/default.php
My home page is Joomla 3.0 and not Joomla 2.5
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:17 pm
Hi

This folder is located under template directory You are using.

Here is a generator for buttons code: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/ref ... gins/like/

GK User
Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:38 pm

This folder is located under template directory You are using.

Here is a generator for buttons code: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/ref ... gins/like/

Now I explain to you. I cannot folder that you wrote me here. Maybe you are wrong for browser. But I not want to add code of facebook every articles and I want to add automatically. But where I replace a code of facebook? Where is folder?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:06 pm
Finally it works well. I did disable "like button facebook" and then I did enable and it shows it! But only send button facebook cannot publish on facebook. How?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:31 pm
And also send button works well.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:08 pm
Hi

What I adviced was to add this code directly to article layout, so it would be added once and displayed on all articles. Also I can see this file in Your installation /html/com_content/article/default.php, I've meant a template files, so a full path would be: /templates/[template_name]/html/com_content/article/default.php

GK User
Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:05 pm

What I adviced was to add this code directly to article layout, so it would be added once and displayed on all articles. Also I can see this file in Your installation /html/com_content/article/default.php, I've meant a template files, so a full path would be: /templates/[template_name]/html/com_content/article/default.php

I found a folder and there is code as your code but it works it. Thank you.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:21 pm
Hi

Ok. I'm glad You made it than :)