Twitter module not working with GK5 social

Free Joomla social activities module which can display data from Twitter, Facebook and Google+ in various layouts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:41 am
Hello,
I am using GK 5 Social and am trying to use its Twitter module. But the thing is when i try to show tweets from my twitter account, it says
Any data to display..
Why is this so?
I select Tweets in Widget Type and then tried using my twitter username in the query input box(@eManipur).
I want to show tweets from my account, how do i handle this?

Thanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:31 am
Please send me via PM access to your installation - surely this is some configuration issue.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:36 pm
I'm having the same problem here. What is causing this?

Cheers, Sam.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:45 am
I am having the same issue with twitter using Social GK5 with the same message. Has a solution been posted?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:00 am
Hello bkrztuk,
I think the problem is not with my Twitter account(as you told me on PM) as other users are also having the same issue.. Can you guys please fixed this???
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:55 am
dawgpress wrote:Hello bkrztuk,
I think the problem is not with my Twitter account(as you told me on PM) as other users are also having the same issue.. Can you guys please fixed this???

I'm having the same problem, looking forward to a solution! Is it only in the twitter module that you need to enter your account?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:02 am
rickyvt wrote:
dawgpress wrote:Hello bkrztuk,

I'm having the same problem, looking forward to a solution! Is it only in the twitter module that you need to enter your account?

When I change my account to @gavickpro it's working. With my own account it's not...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:11 am
yes for @gavickpro its working
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:16 am
and I don't really understand this error message:

You set 1 columns *3 rows = 3 tweets, but only 3 tweets amount in module configuration, please inrease tweets amount in module configuration or decrease columns/rows.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:18 am
dawgpress wrote:yes for @gavickpro its working

Yes @gavickpro tweets are displayed. However these seem to be old tweets and are never updated. I have tried clearing and disabling cache but still the same old tweets are displayed.

Sam.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:31 pm
I do have a capitals in my account name (StudioAAI), if I use another account name from a local radio, tweets are listed.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:31 pm
The Tweets mode is in fact query to Twitter search, before you configure module please check whether search returns any result with your phrase.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:03 pm
bkrztuk wrote:The Tweets mode is in fact query to Twitter search, before you configure module please check whether search returns any result with your phrase.

Odd that twitter returns results for 'username' but nothing for '@username' . Thanks for your help!
Eric
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:14 am
If you want to use Tweets mode and want to display tweets only from your account please set as a query:

where 'gavickpro' you can replace with your username.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:24 am
Hi there,

i tried every combination. But only @gavickpro is working.

Even if i set my own name @username or from:username, i do not get display my feeds. Please help
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:34 pm
Please check query here >>
if the search returns some results - the module also. Could you give me your username ? I want to check whether the http://twitter.com/i/#!/search-home return some results.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:51 pm
i get the same message. and its weird cos on one web-site it works just fine, and on another (with another twitter account) with exactly the same settings shows this message.

rickyvt wrote:You set 1 columns *3 rows = 3 tweets, but only 3 tweets amount in module configuration, please inrease tweets amount in module configuration or decrease columns/rows.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:23 am
Could you provide me URL to your installation ? Please use PM message.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:20 am
Hello guys,
The GK social module is working but there is a little messed up title... am attaching a screenshot.. Don't know where to find the right CSS for it..
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:03 pm
Please provide URL because probably some other extension or template override module CSS, without checking source I can't help you.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:14 pm
Thanks for the reply..
I somehow solved it by changing the fonts for the heading.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:25 am
It's not helping if solutions are handled privately : ( Same issue here.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:14 am
@Firebride custom errors are usually resolved in private because this are 'custom' problems which in 99.9% are caused by wrong configuration. What kind of problem you have ? You use latest version of extension ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:35 am
Hi there,

I am having this same problem but cannot get even Gavickpro twitter to even work.

Perhaps it is the way I have setup the application in Twitter? Does it need to be on a read/write in Twitters setup of application on their site for this to work or READ only is ok?

Thanks.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:17 pm
What type of data you want to display, tweets? If yes please provide me your username, I'll check whether twitter search return any results for your data.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:40 am
Yes but I will private MSG you as the company name is searchable and prefer to keep it out of google searches on this board for professional reasons :) Thanks
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:06 am
Sure, please contact with me via PM.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:58 pm
the same problem as above but no solution. gk social works only for @gavickpro, nothing else. My Twitter configuration works perfectly with external module so it's not a problem of twitter BUT gk social. any help?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:17 pm
What kind of phrase do you use in query field? Did you try to disable cache?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:18 pm
ok, cache was a problem.
sorry for simple questions and thank for your patience.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:08 pm
No, problem if you again have problem with module you can firstly test your query here https://twitter.com/search-home
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:27 pm
I want to set the query to every mention of my Twitter user (@_archipielago).

The Twitter search works fine with @_archipielago : https://twitter.com/search?q=%40_archipielago&src=typd, but the Module displays the "any data to display" warning.
It works fine with the query from:_archipielago

Didn't find the solution in this thread. Can you help me?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:53 am
Sometimes results on live search are different that this from API - please add few more tweets, then twitter will index your profile better. Some new profiles are not visible immediately at twitter search API.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:33 pm
Hello, I have the same problem: Any data to display

I have get the four keys from twitter, set in query box from:'myusername'
But no working properly

What can I do?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:53 pm
Could you provide me your username so I'll be able to check this on twitter search?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:35 am
Hello, I am having this problem and have to show this ASAP, I am using different users to see if it shows any result but nothing, it only works with the user gavicpro.
Please help, i am using gk_University, site was offline and online no difference, please help.
the user i need to use is @ElCarmeloCtg, it is new, so i did use my own @augecs that one have a lot of tweets, no results it sat in the module...
Please Help!!!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:51 pm
A basic issue sorting this one out... as I paste the Token codes a blank space was inserted at the beginning of it... Just to make sure u guys dont make the same mistake I did... :lol:
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:13 pm
This is definitely a larger issue than admitted.

Current version shows error of no data, however older version in use on another site still works perfectly?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:50 pm
I'm using this on the home page of the University theme (per Gavick design) in a module named "Connect" - it has recently broken... I'm thinking due to my template update from 3.11 to 3.15.

Here's a mention of the problem on GitHub
https://github.com/GavickPro/Social-GK5/issues/28

Here is the fix posted by dziudek
https://github.com/GavickPro/Social-GK5/commit/d29c1442ff9a8c5e0f3384ffb7e3d56f4109bf36

Will the noted fix work? Not sure where to copy pasta Dziudek's code, any suggestions?

CONNECT
Warning: realpath() expects exactly 1 parameter, 4 given in /mysitesdomain/directorystructure/modules/mod_social_gk5/data_source/twitter.php on line 86 Warning: fopen(): Filename cannot be empty in /mysitesdomain/directorystructure/libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php on line 327
Any data to display
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:23 am
I'll throw my two-cents in. I had a caching issue. When configuring the module and selecting save for whatever reason, the new configuration would not take on the front end and I'd get the "no data..." message.

My solution was to re-opening the module, clear the site cache, reconfigure the module, cleared the cache again then I saved it. This worked for me after several hours of fiddling with the bugger.
Fresh Boarder