Twitter module not working with GK5 social

Free Joomla social activities module which can display data from Twitter, Facebook and Google+ in various layouts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:51 am
I have the same issue, cleared cache, updated module, saved, re-saved, sacrificed a chicken (didn't help but made a great lunch)

http://www.swarm.ae

Twitter username is @swarm_ae

Any more ideas? I'm running out of chickens
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:54 pm
PhoenixGB, it would appear that the Gavick team wants users (who've paid for a Gavick theme with the GK Social module) to use another method for displaying Twitter feeds... but they have not suggested or recommended "what else" to use.

It works for a day, then breaks for 4 days, works for a day, breaks... no rhyme nor reason...

P.S. I used up all my sacrificial chickens first of the year waiting on a solution from the GavickPro team.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:00 am
I was getting the same error "Any data to display"

Turns out that when I copied over one of the keys from the twitter app page it sneakily copied over a rogue space at the beginning. Once I removed that the GK5 Social app works fine.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:57 pm
Hi,

I also have the same issue. I'm using the University template and I can't get tweets from my account to be displayed. When twitter settings were blank I was getting the message "No data to display". I set up my twitter app and filled in the twitter settings and used from:amfiaraosltd in query but I'm getting @gavickpro twitts. I've also tried from:@amfiaraosltd without luck. The site caching is disabled.

Any ideas? Thank you
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:45 am
Not sure if it's placed best here, however I'd like to share my observations.

I tried get tweets from two different twitter accounts, but couldn't get any data. I tried the notation of the advanced twitter search as mentioned on the API website, but still no results.

I had a look in the source code of the module (file: /modules/mod_social_gk5/data_source/twitter.php) and found out that once I commented out the lines 36-38 (replacing '#', '@‘, ' ' by respective url notation) the query worked fine. It seems that there's been a double url-encoding which replaces the '%' in any query by '%25' and therefore made the request unreadable for the API.

Maybe that fixes some of the above issues.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:26 pm
Thanks I will send thsi info to our developer team.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:39 am
Same problem here, my module is well configured, my app too, but if I type either #iafaikido, @iafaikido, or from:iafaikido, nothing displays. Yet, other queries such as @joomla etc. work well.

aifaikido displays results in twitter searches
also, I tried to setup the module with another app created from a different twitter account and it works too

it is really the search term aifaikido that does not work
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:40 am
I am also having the same issue described as others. @gavickpro working, my account of ElementStrategy is not. Have tried all solutions including variation, re-installing GK5 Social, cache, settings, code edits, etc.
I have installed Sp Tweet which worked immediately in the same position, etc.

Is Gavick supporting GK5 Social and can I PM my login credential for fix? I have styled Sp Tweet to be somewhat acceptable, but realised it's not responsive and I prefer the layout/look of GK5 Social.

Thanks Gavick.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:38 pm
mcavaco wrote:A basic issue sorting this one out... as I paste the Token codes a blank space was inserted at the beginning of it... Just to make sure u guys dont make the same mistake I did... :lol:

That's it!
It works now :)
Thank you mcavaco!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:59 pm
Hi Have you guys found any solution? I face the same problem :-(
Fresh Boarder