Adding additional Parallax sections

Creative and responsive Joomla template with amazing parallax effect.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:27 am
Report this post
I am running into some issues with the code. I want to utilize additional slides or section that use the full screen parallax effect. Right now in the template you have the "Frontpage header top" and "Frontpage header bottom" using the Parallax engine.

I want to repurpose the "mainbody feature" and additional modules to display more Parallax effects. So I added the HTML5 data as per instructions and added the css in the gk.stuff.css files to reflect the gkp-mainbody background image.

All of it seems to work and show but it does not stretch across the entire screen unlike the "Frontpage header top" or "Frontpage header bottom". Not sure what additional code I am missing but I pretty exhausted all of the options I can find.

Can you shed some light what would cause this?

Also when I change the size of the logo in the menu bar the background image for Parallax compresses.

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:25 am
Report this post
Hi

Please show me Your site.

GK User
Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:17 pm
Report this post
Hello

I have the site on my MAMP on localhost but I attached a screen shot where you can see the result. The first image is how it is out of the box.

The second image is what I created. I made a copy of the "Mainbody Feature" module and removed all of the content and replaced it with the HTML5 data. I then added a gkp-mainbody class for the background in the gk.stuff.css file. Not sure about the dependencies.

I just noticed if I change the "logo" size the entire first image will compress. You can reproduce by using Firebug and changing the logo size to 360px instead of the current size, the entire image will compress horizontally.

thanks

teitbite wrote:Hi

Please show me Your site.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:20 pm
Report this post
I also meant to mention that the additional image I created is 2559 x 819 px. So it can stretch an entire screen.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:38 am
Report this post
Hi

I'm sorry, but I need to see it and the code which it produces to be able to figure out a fix and test it with developer tool. It's too hard to guess the solution from just an image. Please ignore it for now and get back to me when site will be online.

GK User
Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:49 pm
Report this post
Well thanks for trying. I am just trying to test and play around with some things and see if I can achieve the same type of affect as this website http://weraur.com but with the Joomla CMS.

I did investigate further and I found that using the Parallax in the any other module position than header-top or header-bottom will not work. I had it in mainbody but it generates additional code that most likely breaks the functionality. When I moved it into header-top it was fine but now I am trying to figure out how to get the Parallex function work in the same module position.

Can you look at the website http://weraur.com and tell me if the same type of functionality is possible with the Parallax template? If not then it is no point for me to still work with it.

Thanks
teitbite wrote:Hi

I'm sorry, but I need to see it and the code which it produces to be able to figure out a fix and test it with developer tool. It's too hard to guess the solution from just an image. Please ignore it for now and get back to me when site will be online.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:50 pm
Report this post
Hi

Everything is possible :) But I'm afraid this will require some customisations to code. I do not see an easy way to make it like it the mentioned page at the moment. Sorry.