Bread crumbs don't show k2 categories properly

Creative and responsive Joomla template with amazing parallax effect.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:10 am
Report this post
When I click on a k2 category link, or use the link from the categories menu on the side bar, it no longer shows the different category names in the breadcrumbs trail. It always says News/Categories/About us. No matter what I click using the Programs menu like or news link, new-> categories, it doesn't update the k2 categories in the breadcrumbs. Please advise?

http://yagarhythmic.com
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:59 pm
Report this post
Hi

Breadcrumbs are showing the construction of a menu, so if it's not working as supposed to please make sure menu has all the crumbs You need.

GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:40 pm
Report this post
What I don't understand is that it was working properly before. So it only seems now be happening with the articles linked to the Coaches & Staff category. If you click on the coaches name that links to the article, it used to show About/"Article name". Now it shows the breadcrumb for the wrong article link. The only one that seems to be working properly is Ana Maria Stoyanova profile and Deanna Stetsura. The Deanna Stetsura breadcrumb seems to be stuck to all other articles in that category. Again, it works for those two and it was working just a day or two for the other, but now it does not.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:18 pm
Report this post
So I think I figured out the problem. I was using both the joomla system cache and GKcache. Once I disbaled the Joomla cache, both my slow response time and the issue with the breadcrumbs seems to be resolved. I will keep an eye out on for the next few days to confirm the breadcrumbs issue and post a final reply for anyone else having the same problem.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:26 am
Report this post
Hi

Ok. Thank You for the explanation. Can You please enable cache back just to see if problem is becuase of a cache conflict or it was simply just remembered in cache and disabling make it generate again.