Updating Bike Store To Joomla 3.X and VM 3.X

Amazing responsive, mobile ready VirtueMart e-commerce Joomla template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:45 pm
Report this post
Dear Friends of GAVIK:
I purchased an Bike Store Template...
In some post you says that you will update Bike Store to the last version of Joomla and VM, but in some places, you says that BIKE STORE is too old for this...
I will need some clarifications about this, because I like BIKE STORE, but if I will get no more updates, I will like to change to another template.
Please confirm if you plans to update to J3 and VW3, and when (of course an approximation). I don't like to start working in a template that is dying...

Best regards...

Mauricio
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:43 am
Report this post
Bike Store is quite old and decision if it will be updated was not made yet.

GK User
Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:40 am
Report this post
Good Morning, thanks for the reply...
The info is not helping me much. Please, make an comprehensive reading, and help me to make an decision. I need more precise info.
I am a customer, and I facing work ahead, and I need more concrete info about the topic. If you not have the info, Please join who has decision, and give me a concrete answer.. Regards...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:42 pm
Report this post
Good Morning.... It have pass almost 48 hr. for the last reply... Please inform how much time I have to expect for an answer... Regards...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:22 pm
Report this post
Business decisions are not made just before one user request it. And for sure are not made quickly. Upgrading a template to work with VM3 is not an easy and quick task.
Also bumping your question always makes you wait longer.

I have talked with our main developer few times and it seems till middle of February BikeStore compatible with J3.x and VM3.x might be released.

GK User
Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:05 am
Report this post
Thanks for your answer.
Question 1: What means "Also bumping your question always makes you wait longer" I don t understand what bumping means...
Question 2: Regarding to the update... "Seems" is related to the possibility of upgrading (yes or not) or about the date of this upgrade.???

Regards...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:25 am
Report this post
Bumping is replaying in your own thread after a reply was added before. We have a system that helps in our work - its a queue of topics to be replied. Everytime you reply in your thread it gows to the bottom of the thread and waits. If you reply again - it goes to bottom making you wait longer.

About release date - as I have said - there is no "fixed" date. Sorry if this doesn't help you. There is a lot of work being done every day and Bike Store is not our main priority at the moment.
You might assume it will be released by the end of February or later. That's all I can tell. We have already updated:
- Storefront
- inStyle
- Storebox
- Shop and Buy
and Bike Store is the last one to work in terms of updating e-commerce templates to support J3/VM3.
So the work on Bike Store should start as soon as possible.

GK User
Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:06 pm
Report this post
Hi there,

I used bike store for a customer project and had to migrate now, which I did. Worked nicely with vm migrator. I had nearly 500 products and all products, categories and stuff were migrated. Eventhough ... store looks a bit of a mess so there is some css work necessary. Whats more a concern is the news show pro gk4. That is running the site into a fatal error. I found and installed news show pro gk5 but that is not featuring VM as a data source.

Any idea how my two problems can be solved:
1. vm-css and
2. vm as data source for news pro gk5?

I am quite a newbee with gavick and I really thought, if you offer both versions, that a migration should be possible ?

Thanks,
Martina
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:22 pm
Report this post
I need to ask our devteam for few things. I'll get back as soon as I'll get an answer.

GK User
Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:21 pm
Report this post
Lets start with datasource - gk5 should connect with VM as a datasource without any problems. Are you sure you have set everything up correctly?

GK User
Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:35 pm
Report this post
Hi Cyberek,

since I had not many hopes for a quick solution from gavick, I asked a coder to help me. Main problem is, that you made the 3.3 Template "virtuemart-free". As far as we have come we understand that now. Virtue Mart has changed nearly everything so that even after long hours of repair we still have problems. If you are interested, I will send you the url's with pm.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:11 pm
Report this post
Oh, damn, I forgot just one simple thing - Bike Store is still under development to met VM3.x requirements. So I would suggest to wait till it will be released - it should fix all your problems then.

GK User
Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:17 pm
Report this post
Well, how long will that be?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:04 pm
Report this post
BikeStore is under development, but it is quite old one and requires a lot of work. Its not our main goal now, but should be released. No release date was decided yet.

GK User
Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:36 am
Report this post
Well,

thats not helping at all and about the same stereotype reply you gave 2 month ago to someone else.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:41 pm
Report this post
And arguments are still exactly same, sorry :(.

GK User
Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:45 pm
Report this post
Hi

Is this template still under development to work with VM3? If so, any eta when it will be ready?

Thanks
Regards
Nimeshin
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:11 pm
Report this post
Still no eta :(.

GK User
Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:56 pm
Report this post
Dear Cyberek: I found that the Bike Store template was updated.... After updating J2.5 to J3.x to update the template, I got the following error....

Fatal error: Class 'JParameter' not found in /home3/maur5fc/public_html/plugins/system/plg_gkextmenu/plg_gkextmenu.php on line 42

Please help in how to solve it... REgards...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:41 am
Report this post
But this is not our template file - its Joomla core file. Please ask on general Joomla forum or seach on google.

Ps. Yes. Bike store form J3.x and VM3.x was released 2 days ago.

GK User
Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:14 pm
Report this post
Hi, where can the release be found, download on the main page still refers to the previous version of virtuemart? Please calrify,, thank you
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:24 pm
Report this post
If you download quickstart for Joomla 3.x it will download with VM 3.x implemented.

GK User
Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:53 am
Report this post
Dear Gavik´s: I made two fresh installataion of the updated Bike Store, but still I can´t make it work...

Firts of all, I get the error 1146... After a google search, (as you ussually recommend) I found the way to solve it is, using the VM tool " Install or if necessary update tables" and it solve the 1146 error

After thath, I liked to test the template, but I got the mysite.com/index.php/virtuemart/category-layout?error=404

And the category layout not working...

Please help me to solve it...

REgards...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:00 pm
Report this post
Please start with fresh installation with English en_gb (uk) language selected. If problem will not disappear please create separate forum thread as your question doesn't correspond to original topic.

GK User
Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:59 pm
Report this post
Cybrek, making the instalation in English en_gb (uk) worked for me. Thanks!! Regards.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:53 pm
Report this post
Thanks for the info.
Is there anything else I can help you with regarding this topic?