Update for Virtuemart 2.6.12

Amazing responsive, mobile ready VirtueMart e-commerce Joomla template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:45 pm
Report this post
Hello,

I noticed that the Bike Store template has not been updated since VM 2.6.6 came out about 3-4 months ago. Is there any news on if this template will be updated for this, and when?

Thanks much!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:03 pm
Report this post
Hello,

The update wasn't released, because Bikestore was older than 2 years. We are supporting templates through 24-months period.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:15 pm
Report this post
That's a pity and not so convenient, because now you need to use another template, which is compatible with the new virtuemart version. Especially when virtuemart 3 will be released on of these days. I still like this template and don't want to switch.

Or can you guys help me out converting the main menu feature and style from this template to another template, like the Storefront?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:20 pm
Report this post
EIF wrote:That's a pity and not so convenient, because now you need to use another template, which is compatible with the new virtuemart version. Especially when virtuemart 3 will be released on of these days. I still like this template and don't want to switch.

Or can you guys help me out converting the main menu feature and style from this template to another template, like the Storefront?

I second this. My client chose Bikestore and now I am going through hell to make it work with VM. I understand Gavick's priorities but the problem is that Joolma 2.5 will have its support ended next month, so the most reasonable choice would be to use J3X - following this path will doom a lot of functionalities in a lot of templates that still run under J2.5 and will be migrated to J3X (like Bikestore).
There is another consideration when we are talking about Bikestore, it is integrated with VM and K2, so there are too many points to analyse when working with the template itself (without its extended function(s) installed/enabled). So, in mho, if the template can not offer all its functions in the most recent version, it should not be available to download as a complete package (as we are lead to think of), it should be available only as a simple template and it should be very clear that the last version does not contain the functionalities already prepared as advertised for older ones.

If this is the road the will be take, it is a pity really... Not just because I'll have to search for another compatible template and start from the scretch, but I'll also have to convence my client to change his mind (this is the worst part).

Please, don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Gavicks' products and it doesn't mean that I'll search for another template supplier, but these things could be taken in consideration as a customer's feedback (I am sure it will be, anyway).
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:31 am
Report this post
When I install quickstart Bike Store I get Joomla 3.3 and I can't seem to get VirtueMart 2.6.6 working from the get go (have to install VirtueMart manually it doesn't come in my extension list). I then can't get to the cart due to this error message when trying to buy a product.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method shopFunctionsF::getComUserOption() in C:\inetpub\hydro_wwwroot\templates\gk_bikestore\html\com_virtuemart\user\login.php on line 22

Is this set up not compatible then? I read that it was here on the forum on another post??
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:26 am
Report this post
@upnorthsound - currently Bikestore doesn't support VM3 and VM2.6.6 is not working with J!3.x. I have a plan to release a support for VM3 (It will be an exception from our theme update policy) in this template in the second half of the month.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:12 pm
Report this post
Great so if I switch back to J2.5 and use VM2.6.6 I can upgrade to J3 in March by the sounds? I won't have to restore the site I can simply upgrade? Great work on the templates guys I love each and every one of them!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:55 am
Report this post
Yes, you can try this way, but please remember that some data like custom fields (as far as I know) can be lost during VM2.5 to VM3 migration.
Administrator