Problem with Tabs GK 5 using "Game Magazine" theme

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:40 am
Hello Gavick-Team,

I've the following issue with the Tabs GK5 module...

After I updated Tabs to Version 1.7.3 my Tabs are not working anymore (after I saved them again). They can't be clicked, so they don't change.

You can see this at http://crytek.4thdimension.info.

NOTE: If you click on "Arena of Fate" the Tabs are still working. This is because I havn't "resaved" (the tabs) them after upgrading to TABSGK5 v1.7.3. Hard to explain, I hope you know what I mean.

I think it has something to do with the used design (Game Magazine v2.17.1), which is also a Gavick product.
I guess it has the same reason as described here: https://www.gavick.com/forums/free-joom ... here-41253

Any help would be great!

Greetings...
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:50 am
Hi

I know this problem. Please update template to the latest version. Fix should be included in the package already.

GK User
Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:14 pm
Hi teitbite,

thanks for your help. I updated the theme but the problem is still there.

Bye...
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:41 am
Hi

Please send me an access to ftp I'll fix it and will remind programmers about this.

teitbite
Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:11 pm
Hi

You may try update template to the latest version now, fix should be included in package.

GK User
Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:55 am
Hello teitbite,

My theme (Game Magazine) version is "2.17.1 (02-12-2013"). I think this is the newest one or are updates (to the theme) applied without changing date and version number?

You said you need FTP-Access... I can give you this. Do you need anything else?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:09 am
Hi

Sorry, I was too quick. Packages were updated just now. Since it was the only fix version number should be the same.

GK User
Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:59 am
Hi teitbite,

now it worked :D. With the updated theme files the TABS are working again.

It's seems that the updated file "gk_game_magazine\html\mod_tabs_gk5\default.php" did the trick.

Thanks for your help!!!

PS: I would suggest to change the version number of the theme (to v.2.17.2). It's really confusing that the version number doesn't change although changes were made to the theme.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:39 pm
Hi

If the fix is as small as in this case (a typo in class), than version number is not change. We only change number if there were a some bigger changes or fixed included.