Slow loading

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:32 pm
Hi to all.

I am using GK Tabs5 ver1.7.3 in the latest version of GK Quark template. I ve used the settings shown on the template's quickstart and all are working fine. Except that the page loads to slow due to GK tabs module. As you can see in upward.gr the page loads fine but very slow and the tabs won't work until the page stops loading.

If I am wrong and the problem is related to the template, please move the post.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:10 pm
Hi,
make simple test.
Use alternative tabs module with similar features and check.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:17 pm
I do not know any alternative tabs module, so I did something else. I unpublished the gk_tabs module and the problem with the page loading disappeared
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:54 pm
On JED there are few...
but sure maybe you don't need tabs.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:34 pm
I really need the tabs. What should I check to make them load right so I can use them?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:42 pm
I cannot help to improve GK Tabs sorry, we are support guys, not developers.

Check those: SP Tab, Unite Responsive Tabs or YJ Multitabs
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:06 am
I do not ask for any extra development. In your demo everything loads well, but in my site it loads very slow. I am asking if there is something I have done wrong and need to be corrected?

Also as you can see in upward.gr it loads slow, but in upward.gr/new it is OK. The difference between the 2 site is that the first one is on clean joomla installation with the quark template applied and the second (upward.gr/new) is based on your quickstart. That why I beleive that I might have done something wrong.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:13 am
1) We have very good server
2) We have many cache / gzip option enabled

...this is the main secret :whistle: so what can I say else?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:33 am
Oscar E wrote:1) We have very good server
2) We have many cache / gzip option enabled

...this is the main secret :whistle: so what can I say else?

I have them too! :D :ugeek:

but as I say in my previous post:
... as you can see in upward.gr it loads slow, but in upward.gr/new it is OK. The difference between the 2 sites is that the first one is on clean joomla installation with the quark template applied and the second (upward.gr/new) is based on your quickstart. That why I beleive that I might have done something wrong. So the problem isn't on these two factors
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:39 pm
1) and all this delay is from GK Tabs module ?
2) Read that guy it may help: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/un ... joomla-3-x

sorry but we cannot optimize speed of customers websites during support.
so I can only guess and give you advices.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:55 pm
Sorry but I really think that we cannot understand easc other.!!

I am not asking for any new development!
I am not asking for optimizing my site!
I am asking for a possible advice what might be wrong and causing the problem.\
Both sites (upward.gr and upward.gr/new) are on the same Server but they respond totaly different. See below the results of the test you are advising.
PS: I ve done all the "tricks" you mention in your guide in both sites
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:02 am
what is funny - upward.gr - on my pc loaded fast,
with upward.gr/new I had delays.

If you like test tools - sure, I like them too, but please check also Performance grade which tell you exactly what element makes delays (!) Compare those two.
Besides each time you have to use THIS SAME Server to test on pingdom.com - not random like this tool does.
Platinum Boarder