Tabs dont work with jQuery and inactive mootools

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:04 pm
Hello,
the Tab module does not work with disabled mootools. I tested on different sites. Everything works great until i disabled mootools. All settings are correct. Jquery is loading only one time in the head. The modul settings are JQuery - Not load the libary - Javascript forced enabled. Please check out your Module.

Code: Select all
TypeError: tabs[i].addClass is not a function

tabs[i].addClass('gk-active');

Update:

I keep on searching the error. I figured out that it must have to do with the mootools-core.js. There is some code in the Tabs GK 5 Modul which requires this file. Maybe in the engine.jquery file. Please test this with your templates. Create a Tab GK5 module on any page and disable mootools for the Menu entry ID in the template settings. I am sure that you get the same error. Please inform me about the result.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:42 am
Hi

You may be right. I'm gonna talk to programmers about this. I've made this test with Writer template and it stopped working indeed.

GK User
Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:44 pm
Thank you.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:58 am
Hi

Please replace file mod_tabs_gk5/scripts/engine.jquery.js with the one attached.

GK User
Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:27 pm
It works perfect, thank you very much.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:02 pm
Hi

Thank You for confirming. All thanks to Dziudek, who fixed it :)