Tabs GK5 (need help for external file or source)

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:27 am
I would like add and tables, charts and pictures under my tabs for the Tabs GK5 module. I need an assistance to create and arrange the module for to show my related information. (charts, tables, pictures and etc.) If I need to use external .xml file or any other way, please let me know how to do it.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:15 am
Why you need external URL instead just placing your XHTML code inside tab? You can also publish a module inside tab so if you already have modules with this content you only need to place them on tabX position.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:31 pm
As long as it works and it works the way I like, I honestly dont mind doing it in any way.. How can I position modules and would you mind sending me info or showing me a generic or sample of placing XHTML code inside tab? if Its not to much. I am little lost.. Thank you very much
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:17 pm
Can I also place a K2 Item in the tabs, I would like to put some tables and pictures in the tabs and separate them by different tabs.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:50 am
You already have generic sample of XML file with tabs. Please just open file modules/mod_tabs_gk5/external_sources/sample.xml to see structure for tabs.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:53 pm
I already can see the file in the module as a sample.. I just need to find out how to edit or create my own file,
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:36 am
You can edit the existing one or just copy this file and create own tabs description - there is nothing more to do.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:35 pm
It may sound little strange to you. but I couldn't locate the sample file.. Could you please give me the directions to locate it..
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:17 am
root/modules/mod_tabs_gk5/external_data/sample.xml
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:50 pm
Sorry for the trouble.. Could you please let me know how to locate that .. Like a path or the location.. I couldnt see it ..
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:55 pm
Can you help me locating "root/modules/mod_tabs_gk5/external_data/sample.xml" please
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:56 pm
Can you help me locating "root/modules/mod_tabs_gk5/external_data/sample.xml" please
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:52 am
Hi

Does it mean You do not have this file there ? I'm attaching it here if this is the case.

GK User
Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:16 am
Thank you for the file. I already have a sample .xml in my Tabs GK5 module. I just couldnt locate it to get the file and change it.
Am I gonna go to fttp to locate it or i can locate in the front end in the template,, sorry to ask you to much.. i am little lost here :)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:07 pm
Hi

It's exacly as in Your question /modules/mod_tabs_gk5/external_data/sample.xml if You do not have it than just upload the file I gave You there.

GK User
Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:53 am
Thats what I see. I have access through file manager from my hosting service........

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<tabs>
<tab>
<name>Test 1</name>
<type>xhtml</type>
<content><![CDATA[:)]]></content>
<published>1</published>
<access>1</access>
<id></id>
<animation>default</animation>
</tab>
<tab>
<name>Test 2</name>
<type>module</type>
<content>tab1</content>
<published>1</published>
<access>1</access>
<id></id>
<animation>default</animation>
</tab>
</tabs>

Tab 1 test 1 is ok " :) " .. no problem there..

I am confused with the tab 2 Test 2 below....

<name>Test 2</name>
<type>module</type>
<content>tab1</content>
<published>1</published>
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:21 am
Hi

This means that second tab is called Test 2 using a module from module position tab1 as it's content. You can set all this informations in Tabs GK5 module, You do not need to make xmls for that, so it will be easier.