Tabs GK5 J3 download still at version 1.60

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri May 02, 2014 4:05 pm
Please update the download link to v1.61. It is still giving 1.60 which gives this error:

Notice: Undefined index: rtl in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joom3CW-Test\modules\mod_tabs_gk5\helper.php on line 188

Notice: Undefined index: rtl in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joom3CW-Test\modules\mod_tabs_gk5\helper.php on line 197
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat May 03, 2014 11:23 am
You are talking about module for J!2.x or J!3.x?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat May 03, 2014 1:17 pm
For J3.3. I downloaded i three times and after update it still says 1.60 instead of 1.61. Also installing from within Joomla 3.3, it still stay says 1.60. I think the download link still points to the 1.60 version.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat May 03, 2014 2:57 pm
From Joomla 3.3 control panel updates, the message says "Updates are available (2)." Clicking on this takes you to this screen: Image showing two updates available.

I've tried to install tabs J3.3 v1.61 a number of times but going to Extensions/Manage still shows this: Image.

And the home page shows this error:Image
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun May 04, 2014 2:10 pm
Now the link seems to be working and GKTabs 1.61 has been installed. However I still have the error present. Any ideas what might be wrong?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 05, 2014 8:09 am
To fix notice messages please configure your server according to Joomla! requirements » http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... -fix-them/

What version of tabs module do you get in module description when you open module configuration?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon May 05, 2014 3:08 pm
Thanks. I was able to set display_errors=Off and the displayed errors are not showing now.
I'm running Tabs GK5 for J3 version 1.6.1. I'll have to check settings again by comparing to the quickstart demo because the two tab headings show but no content appears.

(As an aside, I keep getting notification in Control panel to update Highlighter GK5. It's already at version 1.1. I can update internally but it just says successfully updated to 1.1 but the notification stays on.)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 05, 2014 4:37 pm
I have the quickstart demo version of News 2 and my develop version running side by side on my computer. I've duplicated every setting in my develop version to the demo version. That includes the NSP5 settings for "Latest" and "Popular" and the Tabs GK5 settings.

The only differences are some new animation settings new to the latest version of NSP5 and animation speed missing from the new Tabs GK5 as well as different date format settings which should not matter. I'm also using style 1 (red) but the tabs are blue instead.

In any case no content shows up in either tab -all blank. The tabs appear as shown in the image below in a previous post.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 06, 2014 9:15 am
I'm also using style 1 (red) but the tabs are blue instead.

Probably in your module option Use default CSS is enabled and module styles overwrite template styling. Yes the animations settings are missing because the module now use pure CSS for animations and the speed may be changed in module style.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue May 06, 2014 2:14 pm
In the Advanced Settings (mod_tabs_gk5), setting "Use CSS" to "Force disabled" did the trick. Not only did the colors change to red but the content appeared. Nice. Thank you for the support.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 07, 2014 9:39 am
All modules like NSP or Tabs should have this option disabled if you want to use default template styling.
Platinum Boarder