Tabs and News Pro Styling issues.

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:00 am
Hi there,

I am having 2 issues with styling on the page mentioned below:
http://catalysts.org/swasti.org/themes/ ... engthening

1. I have used Tabs GK5 and News Pro GK5 (for Joomla V2.5) but cannot for the life of me, fix the pagination icons for the News Pro GK5 module. If I choose pagination value to be 'Pagination', it works as expected. But the 'Arrows' and 'Arrows and Pagination' options look screwed up. Please help.
2. For setting up the 'Work' and 'Resources' Tabs, I have used Tabs GK5 module. It is using 'Style2' of this module. It does not look like anything shown by this image below:
https://static.gavick.com/images/extens ... _gk5/3.jpg

Some additional information:
Joomla Version: 2.5
Template: My Folio
Typography: Disabled

Request your help to fix these issues. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Thanga/Ashish
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:14 am
Hi

2. This template has it's own style for Tabs GK5, so if You want to use one of module default styles please first remove the template one from gk_stuff.css file. It's named in comments, so You will not miss it.

1. The exact same problem, but this time You can use a template style and in module settings set a module style css file as disabled. You will find this option in advanced settings of a module.

GK User
Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:24 pm
Hi,

Appreciate your response to my queries. Couple of more questions based on your response.

1. The pagination issue is related to News Pro GK5 module whereas the Tab styling issue is related to Tabs GK5 issue. Could you please confirm which module I should touch to fix this issue? I did not find any Advanced Settings in News Pro GK5 where I could disable Module CSS hence this question. I did disable the Module CSS for Tabs GK5 module which made the Tabs look better and like in the template.

2. I looked at gk_stuff.css file but there are quite a few Tabs related css settings. Specifically for Tabs GK5, there is just this following code.
/* Tabs GK5 */
/*
* VERTICAL mode
*/

.gkTabsGK5 {
position: relative;
}
.gkTabsWrap {
margin: 0;
}

Do you mean that I should comment out only the above or anything related to Tabs?

Again, thanks for your patience and time.

Regards,
Ashish
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:20 pm
Hi

This extra elements on pagination are from file /modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/interface/css/style.css, so it's a part of a module and this style needs to be disabled.

GK User
Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:17 am
Hi,

I tried turning off the default module css but that lead to another problem. Check out how the module looks now:
http://catalysts.org/swasti.org/themes/ ... engthening

All the Articles are now listed one after the other.

Appreciate your time in helping me out with this issue.

Thanks,
Ashish
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:50 pm
Hi

Ok. All this problems are because of the fact that NSP GK5 didn't existed when this template was released.

I think this should be left like it's now. Lets just copy some code to template to replace some of the styling.

Add this to override.css file and remember to allow override in template settings:

Code: Select all
/* Responsive layout */
.gkResponsive img.nspImage,
img.nspImage.gkResponsive {
   height: auto;
   width: 100%!important;
}
.nspArt img.nspImage {
   max-width: 100%;
}
.nspArtScroll1,
.nspLinkScroll1 {