Problem Tabs GK5

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.6.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:47 pm
Hi,

Every time I change something in the interface setting at Tabs GK5 all my tabs gonna be deleted. It's extremely annoying. is this bug ?

GK5 tabs version 1.4.2
Joomla 3.1

Regards
Richie
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:21 pm
It seems like Your hosting server doesn't meet Joomla requirements.
Please check if magic_quotes are disabled.

GK User
Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:04 pm
Cyberek wrote:It seems like Your hosting server doesn't meet Joomla requirements.

Hi,

Yes magic_quotes are disabled
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:46 pm
Note, if I delete and re-create all the tabs and then click save keep everything visible. But I make a new tab or do I change the name of an existing tab and click on save then everything disappeared. I also removed the module and reinstalled.

van der Kolk wrote:
Cyberek wrote:It seems like Your hosting server doesn't meet Joomla requirements.

Hi,

Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:08 pm
The same story and problem

https://www.gavick.com/forums/free-joom ... 24399.html

van der Kolk wrote:Note, if I delete and re-create all the tabs and then click save keep everything visible. But I make a new tab or do I change the name of an existing tab and click on save then everything disappeared. I also removed the module and reinstalled.

van der Kolk wrote:

Hi,

Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:15 pm
If Your problem behaves exactly the same - please write in thread from the link. Dziudek and bkrztuk are a part of our developer team and will be able to help You by providing a working file path.

GK User
Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:40 am
Hi,

1. There is no problem to create the Tabs, let's say we create 4 Tabs - Tab1, Tab2, Tab3 and Tab4.
2. I save the module and everything is OK
3. Then I go back and rename the Tab name from "Tab1" to "Tab1Test" and click on the "Save" button in the Tab Window and then click the "Save" button for the Module.
4. Then I go back to check the Tabs (still in the Admin Panel) and they are gone.
5. Then I check the "tabs_data" for the particular module from phpMyAdmin and I discovered that the text "null" is added there and it is not supposed to be there. If I delete the "null" text some of the Tabs are shown again in the Admin Panel but not all of them because the "tabs_data" is already corrupted (got corrupted after I changed the Tab name and clicked on "Save").

As a conclusion, if you change the name of an existing Tab and "Save" the Module, the "tabs_data" gets corrupted. "tabs_data" seems to be generated in "helpers.php" so there is something wrong there.

The bug is obvious and easily reproduceable. Please update me on that. Thanks!

Joomla 3.1.1
Tabs GK5 ver. 1.4.2

Cyberek wrote:If Your problem behaves exactly the same - please write in thread from the link. Dziudek and bkrztuk are a part of our developer team and will be able to help You by providing a working file path.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:03 pm
Thanks for this precise description. Ill report this to dev team and will get back to You as soon, as I get an answer from them.

GK User
Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:27 pm
Hey there guys,
I am using Joomla 3.0. with the template "The World News II".
Unfortunately I have a problem with Tabs GK5.
I have startet do add a TAB Module and opend "tabs". But when I click on the button "Add a new tab", nothing happens. Clicking the button starts no effect.

What am I doing wrong?
Pleas help
Thanks michael
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:10 am
@dlm-racing - it seems like Yu are missing some java script files or have an error in them. Without access to your site I can't tell more. Please check console log for more details, or send me PM with link to this thread, your site address and login+pass for admin user created for this purpose.

GK User
Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:14 am
thank you Cyberek and sorry for this very late replay.
after doing some other projects i am now again building this homepage.
and still i have the problem with the tabs, althought now i use joomla 3.1.2 ...
It really seems like Java Script doesnt work right.
Where can i install or configure it in the joomla backend?
Thank you very much for help.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:36 pm
As I understand this problem is in backend, not in frontend?

GK User
Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:37 pm
Hi Cyberek, thats right. The problem appeares in the backend configuriering the module. The button "add new tab" does simply not react.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:44 pm
Please send me a PM with:
1. URL to your website
2. login and password of user with admin/super-admin privileges (please create one for me)
3. link to this thread

GK User
Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:21 pm
done.
thank you very much.
i wonder if you´ll be able to solve that problem.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:43 pm
I haven't received your PM - could you send it again?

GK User
Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:03 am
ok, i have sent it now again.
Could you please confirm if you rechieve?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:48 am
Yes, I got it.
It looks like a conflict with 3rd party extension, but to be 100% sure I'll ask our devteam about this problem.

GK User
Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:53 am
@dlm-racing - all now works fine. You had module version that was incompatible with newest Joomla. I have updated gkTabs to 1.5 version and all works fine.

If anybody has the same problem - please download latest gkTabs module, go to Extensions->Extension Manager and install newest version (it will override previous version).

GK User
Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:54 pm
Hi,

I have the same problem. I did updated the tabs module. But the error still exists. See attachment. I have send you acces to my site.

Can you take a look?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:16 pm
There is nothing attached to the post. Could you repost the attachment?
Also please send me a PM with:
1. URL to your website
2. login and password of user with admin/super-admin privileges (please create one for me)
3. link to this thread

GK User
Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:43 am
Sorry, but I don't see GK Tabs module in list of available modules.

GK User
Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:01 pm
Thank you very much helping me with that
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:47 pm
Hi Cyberek,
I have the same problem with the newest version 1.7.2. The button "Add new tab" doesn't react.
I will send you a pm.
Thank you.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:18 pm
Please send me a PM with:
1. URL to your website
2. login and password of user with login privileges (please create one for me)
3. link to this thread

GK User
Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:20 pm
I did it!?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:08 pm
Please change the password for provided user and PM me again with complete information (with password).

GK User
Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:47 am
Seems its a common problem, i have the same problem, tried to make it work. No luck so far. Any solution?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:13 pm
@wolmah - please create separate forum thread.