Confused about how tabs work

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:25 pm
I'm confused on how the tabs know where to go, I'll try to explain what I mean.

On the template Game Magazine for instance. There are 3 tabs on the top with the image show module. They are positioned tab1, tab2, tab3

Then there are 2 tabs on the right, K2 Comments and K2 Tags. Those are positioned tab6 and tab7.

How does Joomla know when you set K2 Comments to tab6 that it goes to the 2nd tab "dock" in the right_bottom position.

I guess I'm asking how it differentiates where tabs go based on their number, 1-7.

Can you make more than 7 tabs? In the positioning there is only tab 1-7, how would you make more if they are all full?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:38 pm
Hi

It works like that. Basically tabs are adding new module positions to template. Positions called tab1, tab3 ... tab10. In module settings You create slides (it's called tabs in module, but I'm gonna use "slide" not to mess the instruction). Each slide is showing a module from a position You cheoose, for example tab1. Than any module published in tab1 position will be displayed in this created slide.