Clarity Around Tabs GK5 Content and K2 Items

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:05 pm
Hi All,

I've read through the GK5 Documentation repeatedly and while it explains all of the fields and what they do it doesn't answer a couple of very important questions.

Can you display the latest K2 items in a particular tab similar to News Show Pro? And if you can...how?

It could be that I missed the point of the Tabs module but is it meant to be able to display dynamic content but in a sexy tabbed format?

Thanks in Advance
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:50 pm
Tabs are simply another style to display information to end users.

If you already have a working setup of your news show pro module simply change its module position to tab1 to tab10 then you can see content in your tabs.

See our News template demo and check out module on top of Latest News, one begins with videos.
https://www.gavick.com/joomla-templates/news,109.html

That is a tab module and in each tab there is a news show pro module pulling contents from k2.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:16 am
Thanks a lot Norman. With a bit of common sense and patience I should have been able to figure out. But the explanation has helped especially in understanding how the components combine together to display the information.

If this is something that comes up often, could it be included in the wiki as a how to?

All the best

FJz
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:28 am
I am planning on adding more pages regarding these issues and how to's. We are currently looking at how to best serve these information as mostly users are browsing forums and not our documentation site. So either we will add them in our documentation site or as sticky topics in each forum for common errors. We ll see how it goes :)

See you around...
Platinum Boarder