load configuration does not working + interface settings bug

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed May 15, 2013 6:04 pm
hi everybody,

saving a custom configuration works but when i want to load a custom configuration file - nothings change!
can see just the old .json file in this "load configuration-menu"....

having 3 gk5 tab modules on my site, when i choose another interface style, all modules get the same styling. it does not matter which style is set up in the other modules.

just want to get some modules without tabs nav and some with. thats why i want to edit one of this style.css files to modify one with .gk.tabsNav { display:none; }
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 16, 2013 9:58 am
Hi

NSP GK5 is still in development mode released for test purposes only so it may not work 100%, anyway I'll pass this issue to programmers.

Meanwhile please maybe try simply ocerride it in css. Each NSP module got it's unique css selector so it should be easy to hide it for selected modules only.

GK User
Thu May 16, 2013 10:01 am
hiding tabs nav solved:

reinstalled the tabs gk5 module and suddenly appears a new button in the interface settings "tabs position: disabled"

but changing the interface style css, still changes the style on all tabs gk5 modules
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 16, 2013 11:48 am
Regarding configuration please do not save the module once you load the config simply close without saving and re-open it, as config gets loaded in database so it is not visible in module settings right away. If you click on save while in module settings you are simply overwriting default values.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 16, 2013 12:55 pm
thanks norman that works for me..

but updating tabs gk5 causes new errors to this "tabs" module in "mainbody_tob" position.
there are 3 tabs:

tab 1 - k2 category fashion - typ: module - module: fashion tab (pos: tab1) - newspro gk4 - k2 category fashion
this tap works!

tab 2 - all k2 articles - typ: module - module: all k2 articles tab (pos: tab2) - newspro gk4 - all k2 articles
this tab is not displayed, just the tab header

tab 3 - xhtml - typ: xhtml - content: xhtml content
this tab is not displayed, just the tab header

all modules are public, and published on all menu items. in all k2 categories are published articles
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 16, 2013 2:33 pm
teitbite wrote:NSP GK5 is still in development mode released for test purposes only so it may not work 100%, anyway I'll pass this issue to programmers

i have NSP GK4 installed in my "News" template. should i use NSP GK5 instead?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 16, 2013 2:49 pm
Regarding NSP GK5 you can use it but you might need to play around with settings slightly to get the desired same style.

Regarding Tabs issue I ll check them out tonight.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 16, 2013 3:00 pm
you're great thank you so much.. having just 15 days left to get this website working.
i just need 6 tabs displaying 6 different k2 categories modules like in the "news" template demo. with autoanimation horizontal sliding.

NSP GK5
i stopped my experiments with nsp gk5 immediately after i started because all my nsp gk4 modules disapeared after publishing the module.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 17, 2013 1:54 am
@FAN-Television,

I can't seem to find your access details can you please re-send it to my email normanuk[at]live.co.uk.

Regarding GK4 modules not working when GK5 published is probably they both use similar scripts which caused an error.

In such cases you need to disable all GK4 modules and create GK5 modules instead and then either by checking GK4 module settings or from a different quickstart package you compare options and re-create desired style.

Let me know when you sent your details so I can check your site.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri May 17, 2013 11:02 am
login has been send to your email
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 17, 2013 1:04 pm
@FAN-Television,

I have fixed the error in your tabs and it should be working fine now. There was a small bug in Js files. You can go ahead and create your other tabs now.

Regarding News Show Pro GK5 I have tried this locally and it is working fine but there is only a slight bug in latest NSP GK5 when using layout selections in module settings.

Once that is fixed I can create a config file which you can load in your modules and then simply re-select your data sources / categories and should be ready to go.

I ll inform you when bug is fixed so until then please continue using GK4 version.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri May 17, 2013 2:43 pm
thanks! everything works fine now. you really made a good job.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 17, 2013 3:29 pm
one thing i need to know at last...

when i delete some articles from a k2 categorie which is displayed i a tab, and creating new articles to this k2 category, why did i become error 0 ?? is that a caching problem or something??

i was so happy with my working tabs, and now a colleague deleted some "placeholder articles" from this categegory (including remove them from k2 trash !!!!) after that he creates some new articles to this category but still error 0.

now i changed the data source from tab2 to the same category as tab1 and it works again.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 17, 2013 9:16 pm
Try clearing your joomla cache.
Try editing New Show Pro module in "Tab2" position and check data source to make sure selected categories do exists.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder