Joomla 3 Update Manager

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:56 pm
Hi Team,

First of all I just wanted to say thanks for releasing the new Joomla 3 updates for both the Tabs GK 5 and News Pro GK5.

However on my installation there is a slight issue when trying to update the Tabs module using the Joomla 3 extension updater.

I first updated Tabs manually using the file I downloaded from the updates section of this site. This installed fine. But then Joomla noted there was an update for this module version 1.3.1.

So I did the update thinking it was a quick patch or something, but it then errored with XML warnings (and something else about the Upgrade path not being valid) but it still said the module was updated fine.

However looking at the Extension manager it reports that I am using 1.3 of Tabs GK5 but the release date is the 26/03/2013.

Strange thing is I cleared the Joomla 3 upgrade cache and Joomla once again it said there was a 1.3.1 update for the Tabs module.

Maybe my Joomla 3 updater has gone heywire, but I have no problems updating other Joomla modules from different companies. I've cleared my browser cache and cookies as well but the same issue happens.

On a different subject I was also getting the XML warnings when trying to update the NEWS SHOW PRO GK5 module. But I fixed this by simply installing the update manually and this worked.

Not a dig, but I just thought you guys may like a heads up.

Brett
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:09 am
Hi

Can I please take a look at it ? Please send me an access to joomla panel. I think if You have updated it manually first than file permissions may be different than while updating via installer. Old version number was not updated without hitting save (or installing via joomla) in database.

GK User
Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:34 am
Hi I've checked the permissions and they are all set to 644 for files and 755 for folders.

These are the links it is using for the update from Joomla 3's Extension manager.

https://www.gavick.com/update_server/jo ... bs_gk5.xml
https://www.gavick.com/best-free-joomla-tab-module.html

This is the exact error message...

Warning
Update path does not exist

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

Unable to detect manifest file

Updating COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_TYPE_ was successful.

From my research the "Joomla XML warnings" usually mean that the upgrade I am trying to install wasn't designed for the version of Joomla that I am using (Joomla 3.0.3). Or possibly the update file has corrupted.

However I don't have this problem for other updates installed via the extension manager and if I install the Tabs GK5 1.3 update manually from this link https://www.gavick.com/updates.html there is no problem (but the version date is still showing 26/03/2013.

Brett

PS: I will try and sort out J panel access later if the above still does not shed any light on the matter.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:18 am
Hi

Och. I've misunderstood You :)

I was thinking "manual" update means that You have overwrite it by ftp since it was via joomla instalator with a package downloaded. This is the only way to update it, our products are not supporting automatic update via url.

GK User
Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:42 pm
No probs thanks for the reply,

However the reason for the post is that the latest version was supposed to add support for the Joomla update system...

Tabs GK5 for J!3.0

Product:
mod_tabs_gk5_j30
Date:
11/04/2013
Version:

Changelog

Added support for Joomla Update System.
Fix for the problem with erasing tabs randomly.
Fixed problems on older browsers in style 5 (no gradients problem).
Improved jQuery including.

Thus after installing this the Joomla's own update system then kicks in and says there is a version 1.3.1 available which is when the error occurs that I described above.

Brett
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:06 pm
Hi

Than I believe this is the first version supporting that so there is no source for further update yet. Anyway I'll let programmers know that there is a problem witht it. Thank You.

GK User
Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:26 pm
Hey, Guys -

Just a note/fyi that NEWS SHOW PRO GK5 and/or Tabs GK5 for J!3.0 still do not work with the Joomla! Updater - error message is the same as OP:

Warning
Update path does not exist

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

Unable to detect manifest file

Updating COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_TYPE_ was successful.

(says upgrade is successful, but it isn't/doesn't upgrade to current version - still must perform manual installation).
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:17 pm
Hi

A proper fix for it is ready and should be included in the next update.