GK5 don't work in backend if K2 NOT installed

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:50 pm
J! 3.0.3, never installed K2. I install GK5 module, then I try to open it in backend to set it, but it do not opens the normal module edit view, just a page without joomla backend style with no CSS and I cannot set nothing more that few options, also no buttons for save etc...

I've done some tests and it seems related to K2 component presence.

If K2 is installed -> works fine
If K2 is disinstalled -> still works fine (no k2 DB tables deleted)

If K2 was never installed -> don't work as described above.

Also the News Show Pro GK4-5 don't work if K2 had never been installed.

Hope you can find a solution.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:27 am
Please install module from our public repo >> https://github.com/GavickPro/Tabs-GK5/tree/J!3.0-compatible

I've installed this few minutes ago on clean Joomla! 3.0 installation from joomla.org and there is no problems.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:40 am
Ok, solved. Thanks.

The same for the News Show Pro GK4 - 5 ?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:43 am
I didn't notice this kind of error before. Maybe you've just configured source for K2 and then remove module.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:00 am
I got this issue without had ever installed K2 before. Fresh Joomla installattion without K2.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:07 am
Yes I understand but we are also making tests of extensions on clean Joomla! :) It is good that it is working now, if you have any problems with other extensions please let me know.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:01 am
Just GK5 Tabs work now. GK News Show 4 or 5 don't work yet. I'll wait for your news after your tests.

Thanks so much.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:13 am
You are talking about versions for J!3.0 yes ? Are you sure you've downloaded proper version ? Many users try to use J!2.5 on J!3.0, the separate download area for J!3 extensions is available here >> https://www.gavick.com/download/joomla-3-extensions.html
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:04 am
Yes, J! 3.0

I didn't see that there was a section for J! 3.0 for downloads. maybe I was installing modules for J! 2.5.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:46 am
Yes, probably. We're working on improvements for download area to avoid problems like this one.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:15 am
Please I have a Joomla 3.1.5 installed and the modules are not working at the backend. They give this sql error.

SQL=SELECT c.name AS name, c.id AS id, c.parent AS parent FROM zj4f3_k2_categories AS c WHERE published = 1 AND trash = 0 ORDER BY c.name, c.parent ASC

Seems that it requires k2 before it can work. I dont want to use k2 for now

What do I do please
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:38 am
Did you use latest version of our module ? Please try to install package from GitHub repository https://github.com/GavickPro/News-Show-Pro-GK5 but I've tested package from gavick.com on clean Joomla! from joomla.org without K2 and there is no problem.
Platinum Boarder