GKTab 5 erase all my tabs after saving

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:37 pm
Hi There,

This happens intermittently like after creating, editing, saving more than 6 tabs in random orders, click Save (GKTab) then Save (Joomla) when looking at Tabs all I created is gone.

Has anybody had this experience? This happened to me in two separate installation/domain and different servers.

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:14 pm
Hi,

We have few similar reports, but any users was able to tell us what is the reason. I'll check your tip with more than 6 tabs.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:18 pm
dziudek,

Also, I noticed when it happened I usually enlarge the Content textarea (in XHTML) to occupy the column width for easy editing. It is just random, I can't tell when it erases the tabs.

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:21 pm
That's very strange but I cannot reproduce this problem using your tip - I've created 7 tabs with XHTML content, I've also created 7 tabs with module positions and I've tested few other cases, but in all cases moule works correctly.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:25 pm
dziudek,

It doesn't happened by just creating the tabs... it happened after editing, saving (both gavick & joomla) and do it several times by randomly editing any of the tabs you created. Also, please put some text in Content textarea. Try editing tabs and saving (twice) please take note of the changes you do in each tab, I am experiencing just few minutes that all of my changes was not saved.

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:33 pm
Most probably I've detected a workflow which leads to this problem - please create some tabs and save it. Then edit some tab and don't save the changes in the form, only in Joomla - only in this case I've get empty tabs list.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:39 pm
dziudek,

Yes! You got it, probably I forgot to save my changes in a tab I am editing then I hit Joomla Save and I lost all my Tabs.

Just tested it and it does erase all my tabs. Isn't that a bug?

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 pm
Yes, it is a bug and I'll work to fix it tommorow :)
Administrator

GK User
Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:52 pm
Please check the attached file - it should fix this problem :)
Administrator

GK User
Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:08 am
Hi Dziudek,

Seems to be working fine now, it's not deleting tabs anymore... :)

Thanks for the fix!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:21 am
Hi Dziudek,

Sorry I was wrong, you fixed one workflow: if a tab is edited and hit Joomla Save without saving from tab. Looks like that one got fixed by your patch. There is another workflow that erases all the tabs, please try to open the last tab without editing and just hit Joomla Save, your tabs get deleted as well.

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 am
Hi I had this problem with GKTab 5 as well.

However the Script.js file that the team kindly provided did not work. In fact it actually caused another bug.

When I applied the Script.js file on a Joomla 3.0.3 site the Add New Tab button stops working completely. I.e you can go into the module fine, but when it comes to adding the tabs the 'Add Button' does nothing when pressed.

I think the temporary fix may be conflicting with my JCE Editor.

Brett
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:42 am
@appweb - are you using the updated file? Because on my fixed version the problem didn't appear and it was fixed, because my fix solves all problem where user don't save opened tabs before saving joomla settings (also when user clicks the "cancel" button)

@cbnew - the attached code is for Joomla! 2.5 only - fixed version for Joomla! 3.0 will be released when we will release Tabs GK5 1.3 for Joomla! 2.5 in this week. If you really need the update now you should change only one fragment:

Code: Select all
// put the data to textarea field
document.id('jform_params_tabs_data').innerHTML = JSON.encode(this.options.tabs);

to:

// put the data to textarea field
document.id('jform_params_tabs_data').innerHTML = JSON.encode($this.options.tabs);
Administrator

GK User
Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:16 am
Thanks for the update...

I had a thought after I posted this that the script.js file maybe a fix for Joomla 2.5. I should have asked first before updating the file! - Doh!

I will wait until the Joomla 3 update is released.

Brett
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:10 pm
dziudek wrote:@appweb - are you using the updated file? Because on my fixed version the problem didn't appear and it was fixed, because my fix solves all problem where user don't save opened tabs before saving joomla settings (also when user clicks the "cancel" button)

Hi Dziudek,

Did you post a new patch? The first time you posted the patch was the one I tested.

This time it's working fine.

Thanks a bunch!

aw
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:17 pm
No I didn't added the new patch - most probably you didn't replaced properly the file or your browser cache was loaded old version ;)
Administrator

GK User
Fri May 24, 2013 7:40 pm
I just had this same problem (Tabs GK5ver. 1.4) I would save each tab using save button for each individual tab. I then saved using the module save (the check mark near the top in Joomla 2.5) and all of my tabs were erased. I noticed a box under the tabs drop down section that asked what file I wanted to use (or something to that effect). You can pick from sample.json or sample.xml. I picked sample.json and built a single tab and saved it. After that, all of the other tabs I have been saving (but were assumed erased) showed up on the list. The box under the tabs drop down section asking what file I want to use is not showing up now. I am not sure what I did to cause this event, but saving the tabs working properly now.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:35 pm
I am also using Tabs GK5 ver. 1.4 and I would save each tab using save button for each individual tab. I then saved using the module save at the top right in Joomla 2.5 and all of my tabs were erased. I've repeated the process several times and I eventually have all my tabs erased.
If I added all the tabs in at once, using the save button for each individual tab, there was a greater chance of all the tabs being saved using the top right Joomla module save. However, if one of the tabs had to be edited or a new tab added afterwards, all tabs are erased after the Joomla module save.

This is a problem. This needs to be fixed. There should not be some special combination of saving a .json file to have this work.

Anyone else having this problem, don't be silent.

Please fix this.

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:50 pm
my tabs were also erased after module save. thats wastes a lot of time today. please fix it. got the latest version installed (1.4)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:32 pm
Hi again,

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem just by adding the slides, but I've discovered two problems:

* I don't know why the admin/script.js file contained:

document.id('jform_params_tabs_data').innerHTML = JSON.encode(this.options.tabs);

instead of:

document.id('jform_params_tabs_data').innerHTML = JSON.encode($this.options.tabs);

* Your problems can be caused by fact of clicking the "Cancel" button in the editor - as I see it always clean the tabs

I'll work on the releasing the Update for these bugs today ASAP.

Thank you for all your reports :)
Administrator

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:33 pm
the only way to keep the tabs is an specific order of clicking buttons like that:

1. add new tab
2. save changes to the tab
3. close the tabs menu
4. go to joomla details section (leaving gktab settings..)
5. module save
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:55 pm
This commit should solve the problems with the "Cancel" button: https://github.com/GavickPro/Tabs-GK5/c ... d58fd8c19f
Administrator

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:56 pm
@FAN-Television - could you check if the problem still exist after my update? You should replace only admin/script.js file with the one from the repository: https://github.com/GavickPro/Tabs-GK5/b ... /script.js
Administrator

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 pm
replaced that script.js. my tabs manager does not save anything. after closing the module and open it again tabs manager is empty. but in fontend 2 tabs are displayed. i running joomla 3
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:17 pm
My script is for Joomla! 2.5 for Joomla! 3.x we will prepare the fix tommorow but you can try the updated file from this source: https://github.com/GavickPro/Tabs-GK5/b ... /script.js
Administrator

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:33 pm
thats also crap. i still see tabs in frontend but they dont exists in tabs manager!!!

maybe you can help me with that external files (xml) instead of this annoying tabs manager? thats also not working for me.. cant see anything from my code and does not matter if i set relative or absolute urls to images for example...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:00 pm
In this case I've to redirect it to person who implements J!3.x version of the module - please send your FTP and back-end access details using PM to bkrztuk.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:55 pm
Please make sure that magic_quotes feature is disabled in your hosting. You can check this from Joomla! admin panel, go to System >> PHP Settings >> CMD/CTRL + F (find) "Magic Quotes"
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:13 pm
i think there are switched off. see my screenshot
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:12 am
Today we will release an update, please install package and let me know about results. When it will be ready you will see it in our 'Updates' area >> https://www.gavick.com/updates.html
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:11 am
I'm having the same issue on the joomla 2.5 version - is this update implimented there too, as i only see the fix for joomla 3.0
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:36 am
@mattstewart - the update 1.4.1 has been released both for J!2.5 and J!3.x version of the module - please check the available updates in your joomla.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:56 am
Thanks - it seems to all work fine now.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:50 pm
Hi,

Joomla! 3.1.1 Stable
PHP Version 5.3.26
Tabs GK5ver. 1.4.1

Load configuration: default.config.json
Automatic module ID: enabled
Module ID: gk-tab-1
Module data source: tabs manager
- - - - - -
Add new tab:

Title: TAB TEST 5
Content type: XHTML
Access: public
State: published
Animation: slide horzizontal
Content: test text
Tab id: (empty)

SAVE
SAVE & CLOSE

- - - - - -

result:

TEST TAB 5
No tabs to display
Tabs GK5ver. 1.4.1 Module: tabs = empty / "tabs_data"

and now ??

Looking forward to Your reaction,
with kind regards,

Fred Manschot
Manschot Grafimedia
Zeist, the Netherlands
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:58 am
Could you provide me details to your administrator area via PM ? Please remember to include link to this forum thread in message. Please firstly reinstall module to latest available version again.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:43 am
Hi,

I have the same problem check this link.
https://www.gavick.com/forums/free-joom ... 27304.html

This is the problem

1. There is no problem to create the Tabs, let's say we create 4 Tabs - Tab1, Tab2, Tab3 and Tab4.
2. I save the module and everything is OK
3. Then I go back and rename the Tab name from "Tab1" to "Tab1Test" and click on the "Save" button in the Tab Window and then click the "Save" button for the Module.
4. Then I go back to check the Tabs (still in the Admin Panel) and they are gone.
5. Then I check the "tabs_data" for the particular module from phpMyAdmin and I discovered that the text "null" is added there and it is not supposed to be there. If I delete the "null" text some of the Tabs are shown again in the Admin Panel but not all of them because the "tabs_data" is already corrupted (got corrupted after I changed the Tab name and clicked on "Save").

As a conclusion, if you change the name of an existing Tab and "Save" the Module, the "tabs_data" gets corrupted. "tabs_data" seems to be generated in "helpers.php" so there is something wrong there.

The bug is obvious and easily reproduceable. Please update me on that. Thanks!

Joomla 3.1.1
Tabs GK5 ver. 1.4.2
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:23 am
Please check your magic quotes settings, this PHP feature is disabled for sure ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:30 am
yes 100% sure double double check
uit = off :mrgreen:

bkrztuk wrote:Please check your magic quotes settings, this PHP feature is disabled for sure ?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:52 am
Hi,
Question, is this a bug? are you investigating this? it seems quiet. i like a response.

thanks advance.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:07 am
I've tried to duplicate your problem but without success. Can I chceck your installation and firstly update module files via FTP ?
Platinum Boarder