No more than 20 modules content tabs ?

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:15 pm
Hi !

I need use tabs in lot of articles, and sometimes more than 20 tabs in the same article...

The "Content" droplist in "Tabs" section of Tabs GK5 administration content only 20 positions (Tab1 to Tab20).

So :
  • how can I use more than these 20 positions ?
  • how can use custom positions ?

If I can't, I must looking for other tabs manager :(

Thank's four your answers,
Eric.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
Hi Eric,

Please check this document to learn how to create new positions http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... -position/

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 pm
Hi Don,

Thanks for your answer, but I think it's not the way...

please have a look to the three captures bellow (please upload if uncomplete in this post) :

The default Tabs GK5 positions:
TabsGK5_Positions.jpg

The GK Restaurant template positions:
GK Restaurant template positions.jpg

The default.php file in GK Restaurant template:
Default template PHP file.jpg

You can see that Tabs GK5 modules have 20 positions named tab1 to tab20, the GK Restaurant have only 10 declared positions named tab1 to tab10, and term "tab1" is unfoundable in the default.php file of this template.

What about this ?
Other suggestions ?

Regards,
Eric
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:08 am
Hi Eric,

Just ignore the last step which is to add the code to default.php

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:41 am
Hi don, and thanks again for your answer.

I don't understand why there are 10 positions as declared in the templateDetails.xml file when it appears 20 in module ...
Whence come the additional 10?
If I complete the list of templateDetail.xml, I'll start tab11 when there is already in the module.
I'm sorry, but I find it hard to understand, these tab11 to tab20 positions must be declared somewhere? if not, where about the module is get there?

hoping not to abuse your patience, regards,
Eric
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:14 am
Hi Eric,

It could be a problem of the module because it doesn't load the positions dynamically but from this file \modules\mod_tabs_gk5\admin\elements\positions.json

It means that those positions which are begin from 11 to 20, are not available now because they haven't been declared in the xml file so you can go ahead declare them or even more, in case you want to use more than 20, you also need to declare more in the json file above as well.

I hope it's clear now.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder