Bug in back-end editing

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:59 pm
Hi,

I'm working with the Tabs GK5 (great tool) and have found a bug. When I delete one tab in the back-end all my tabs disappear. I also happend ones when I adjusted one tab and hit save, all the tabs were gone.

When I fill them again it's working they will show again!?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:17 am
Hi,

Please check if your module is the latest version, if it's not then please upgrade and test it again, if this doesn't help please send me a PM to provide with backend and FTP access then I will check further for you.

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:51 pm
It's the latest version. I will sent you PM later this week.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:20 am
Thank you, I will wait to see...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:55 pm
After working with the tab-module again I can't reproduce the reported bug.
So I will close the topic till it happens again.

Jos
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:06 pm
Ok Jos, feel free to ask when you need my further help.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:45 pm
I have a similar problem with back-end editing. I have the current updated version of Tabs GK5.

If you open a tab in the config, and hit cancel (there is the option of Save and Cancel), you lose all your tabs.

I was able to replicate a few times. So it looks like the Cancel button deletes all tab entries.

Definately a bug here.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:13 pm
I have just spoke with developers and they confirmed that it was a bug and they would fix it for next version, I will let you guys know if I could give a quick fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:20 pm
I installed the update released (29/6) but the problem is still the same, all tabs being erased then save after editing one tab.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:20 pm
Hi,

There still haven't been a fix for this bug yet, I will check with developers and update you guys soon.

Your patience is appreciated.

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:53 am
Don Lee wrote:Hi,

There still haven't been a fix for this bug yet, I will check with developers and update you guys soon.

Your patience is appreciated.

Thanks,

Any news on this issue?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:11 pm
Hi guys,

Please upgrade the module to the latest version to check if the issue has been fixed.

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:52 pm
I have Version 1.1 and the problem still exists. It´s not always loosing tabs, but after editing different tabs there´s a chance to have no tabs anymore :( Sometimes they stay, sometimes they dissappear.

Sadly I have to switch to gkTabs4 and there are 30 Modules with 4 Tabs per Modul to be new created...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:32 pm
In version 1.2 the same problem. All tabs still disappear after saving again. Not ever but often. Sometimes they remain.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:34 pm
Hi

Ok. I'm going to forward this to programmers.

GK User
Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:29 am
Hi there,

is there any solution for this bug in sight?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:41 am
Hi

Looks like this problem is connected with browser itself. Pleas just for test use a different browser for a while and let me know if it helped and what browser it was.

GK User
Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:53 am
I'm having the same issue when creating more then 5 tabs everything is being deleted when you press save.
And I have upgrated to the latest version.

It looks like I'll be using Tabs 4 :|
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:48 am
Hi

I've checked it on my copy and was able to add 5 tabs. Please send me an access to Your joomla panel. Maby it's related to some server settings.

GK User
Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:05 am
@teitbite
thx, that helps! No problems of that kind in IE9 (9.0.9) till now. And I did a lot of savings in the meantime.
Previous problems have been with FF 15.0.1 ... and they are still there.
Cause it works with IE, I didn't check Opera, Safari and Chrome.

Thank you and best wishes.
Thomas
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:45 am
Now I know, that was not true, sorry: the same problem appears in IE too :(
Not so often, but it happens.

Hope there will be a solution soon, it's such a fine modul! But it's horrible to work with it with this bug.

thbraun wrote:@teitbite
thx, that helps! No problems of that kind in IE9 (9.0.9) till now. And I did a lot of savings in the meantime.
Previous problems have been with FF 15.0.1 ... and they are still there.
Cause it works with IE, I didn't check Opera, Safari and Chrome.

Thank you and best wishes.
Thomas
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:03 pm
Hi

I remember reading that programmers finally found what was causing this problem. I'm not sure if it was implemented into the module already, but try if there is no newer version than You have installed. Maybe the last update has this fix implemented.

GK User
Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:15 pm
No, seems not to be updated now. I downloaded and installed the actual package, but it still happens.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:40 pm
Hi

Please paste the part of the code You are trying to enter. I'll compare it with the message from programmers about this issue.

GK User
Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:40 am
Hello,
I am also experiencing the same problem. I was originally using Gk4, then upgraded to Gk5 (v1.2) thinking it would resolve the problem and the problem still remains. I am concerned about the stability and would hate to lose the time and effort put into the tabs. Is there a way to backup or export the tabs so that I always have backup copy that I can restore from?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:24 am
Hi

I know that programmers were working on it so maybe an update of a template can help. Anyway I've read that one of the users discovered that it only happens when there is a <div> value inside tab's code. So if update will not solve the problem please check if this user was right. I'm sending it back to programmers.